Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Monday, March 31, 2014

I fall in love more and more with this work every day.

This week was fantastic. We reached 20 lessons which is the first time for me since my first area which was really just Elder Jordan running the show since I didn't quite know what I was doing. We had amazing lessons with a ton of less actives. They sincerely wanted to make changes. The Spirit was definitely in those lessons. I apparently offended one less active lady and made her pretty angry when I told her that we needed to bring another person in order for us to continue to see her since we can't be alone with a woman. So that's too bad, but the Spirit will help her. She has social anxiety and is already going less active after being baptized for just a few months so it's really sad. We're learning to love and understand her. A ton of less actives said they would be at church but weren't so that was a bummer. But ONE did come so that's all that matters. We also had 2 investigators which was really sweet.

Tally is doing awesome. She's the 9 year old that is being adopted and wants to be baptized. We were afraid that she just wants to just because her friends are and her step sisters that want to be as well but this last lesson was really good and she genuinely wants to be.
Apparently the 2 Muslim girls are living in our area more than any other so we get to teach them!!! It's really exciting!! Their step grandma told us that after we taught them that they kept having questions and are reading a lot. It's so exciting how the Spirit is preparring so many people! We're seeing so many miracles as we just loose ourselves in the work! I fall in love more and more with this work every day.

We met a crazy that left the church at 7 but said he was an elder that wanted to be apart of a blessing we were giving but the person giving it was too nice to say no so that was fun.

An RM of 6 months is living in our ward for 3 weeks and coming out when he has time. He sounds like he was a boss missionary. He was definitly a leader with the way he talked, "ok elders, what went good, what could we do better?" "How was your elders planning last night?" Hahaha We're so excited to learn from him though. It's such a huge blessing to have him with us.

Elder Johnson and I get along really good. Time has flown but so that's a good sign that we're both getting focused. I'm trying to learn to work with members better and get them going to share the Gospel. That will be the best way to find the elect. People that already have fellowshippers.

I love you all. All I can say is that I feel so much more healthy and happy. I'm not free of mistakes or hard times but so much good is happening out here. Miracles are happening. So many people want to be taught. So many people have friends that want to be taught. The field is so white. Don't be afraid to share the Gospel with your friends. Don't hold the Gospel back from people. It is such a blessing. People are looking for it. You have it! So share it!

I love you all

Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment