Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

READ. EVERY. DAY.

To Dad:
Some cool miracles as we humble ourselves and consecrate all we have to give. Learning to be more diligent and work harder. I feel I never was dedicated to much of anything before. Track nope. School nope. Scouts nope. Work nope. I feel so sad to say all of that. But my mission? Everything. Everyday I learn to give more of myself. I feel so much more of a desire to give my everything since I never have before. I really hope to. I want to go home and feel accomplished. Feel I did everything I could personally.

Love you dad. Thanks for your wisdom and love.

We've only been able to teach Oumiama (oh-me-mu) so far. She's the coolest person ever. She said she had a dream she needs to get baptized. She's still nervous about it though. They've had such a rough life and are still so gentle, loving and wise.

We had yet another solid week! Elder Johnson and I agree it's been the most solid of week of our mission so far. Members came out with us to lessons that didn't fall through. A family we haven't been able to teach finally were home and the dad cried talking about how he hasn't been the dad he should being in prison and doing drugs and really wants to be there for his kids. He cried again when he said the prayer. He's been sober for 2 years! He is so awesome but the wife is busy so it's hard to catch her there too. We also taught a guy named Isaiah. He's a little stand offish but really open and nice. Hopefully we can teach his whole family. He's about 24 and does demolition.
A less active family are in a tight financial situation and feel bad for not paying tithing but doesn't think he can. He really opened up again and said that he used to never be comfortable talking about it but does now. He's hard on himself but he's so sincere!
Trish, the sorta homeless lady, called us and said she wanted to come to conference! Our ward mission leader couldn't find anyone though so we called all the solid members we knew that might do us a solid last minute. None of them would... I got discouraged but knew someone would. Finally I said, "alright I'm calling the big guns Elder." "Bishop?" "Bigger" "Stake President?" "Bigger" "Mission President?" "Bigger" "President Monson?" "I don't want to be blasphemous, but bigger. Oh hey brother Kumar!" Brother Kumar is a less active who is hilarious, has a good testimony but he and his wife don't come to church much. He also has really big guns from working out a ton. He says he's going to the Gymlestial kingdom. Of all people, he, the less active that was still asleep conference morning and had no plans of watching it jumped out of bed and said he'd help us. When he picked her up she said she didn't feel comfortable going because she didn't own a dress. He was in street clothes because he just planned on picking her up, dropping her off, and going back to bed. Instead he said, "look at what I'm wearing! and I'm still going to go!" so he ended up staying the whole time just to help her feel comfortable. Such an incredibly kind big Indian man.
The Bishop came to our lesson with the 9 year old and said that he'll talk to the mom about getting her baptized right away instead of waiting a few months which is pointless so we're really grateful for him.

I loved conference so much. Linda S Reeves was one of my favorites. I loved her testimony of reading everyday. So many of us don't want to and I feel bad bearing my testimony of it because I feel people shut me down. But studying there it is. A powerful testimony of the importance of putting our Heavenly Father first by everyday! I love love love that hour of personal study in the morning. If you want to feel and hear Heavenly Father talk to you, READ. EVERY. DAY.

I love the temple. So sacred. I love the peace there. So holy. I love my Savior so much after being in there.

I love you mom. Thanks so much for how much you give. You give far much more than money to us. You give your own blood and tears for us. I do love you. I don't appreciate you as much as I should but I love you dearly. Thank you for loving the Lord. You've done a great job of teaching us and raising us in the right way of the Lord. You truly follow the prophets in 2 Nephi 25:23&26. You have the most personal relationship with your Father in Heaven and have so much tender feelings for your Savior. That has always stood out to me. The best way to teach you could ever do is by example. And you did amazing with that. And if we decide not to follow that, it's our own blindness. You've done an amazing job. Thank you mom.

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment