Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Monday, March 17, 2014

As I loose myself and become swallowed up in the joy of Christ I know that everything is ok.

Oh ya, I'm in the Denver! It's weird thinking about the concept that this city doesn't ever stop. I'm so used to small towns. Like yesterday I saw people waiting for the bus and thought, "oh ya the other side of town is like 6 miles away, they'll need the bus" then realized, "wait a second... the city has no limit! It never ends it's so huge!" I haven't had a panic attack yet so that's good. Needless to say, I love me my small towns. The drive down is so beautiful and so dangerous. It's the gorge the whole way. But so beautiful. We drove down when it was snowing and they close the highway for a little bit it's that bad. All these warning signs for truckers and what not. One that said, "truckers, you're not done, more turns and steep slopes." intense but beautiful. I drove one of the cars and I think I made enemies with other missionaries in other cars because of my driving haha.

It's great being here though because we have a temple. That is so cool. We get to go to it the first Wednesday of every month so I'm really looking forward to being able to go to that again. Also President is here so that's really cool. We had Stake Conference and I got to see him and his wife. Man I love those two so much. They have such strong powerful testimonies. So it's really good being able to see them casually. And seeing other missionaries! I'm not used to that. Whenever you see another missionary it's exciting and you run up and hug each other(talking about ELDERS). But now it's just like, oh hey whats up again. When I got here to the mission home I saw my MTC companion that I hadn't seen since so that was really neat. He's on fire. I also found out as I arrived and was about to leave to my new area that I was district leader again without being told but I'm excited to continue being filled with love for my district. I learn so much from them.

Jeff Crookston is in this ward! He's a ward missionary. That was absolutely crazy. He called up Jared on speaker in front of me and almost drove me crazy haha.
My companion is pretty great. It's crazy how alike we are actually. He's from Boulder City. We talked a lot the first day and he said that he's told me more knowing me less than 24 hours than any of his companions that he's been with for months. So I hope we can continue to get along and work hard together.

It's confusing sometimes finding the balance of a mission and life. Because a mission is already naturally hard and figuring out if you're making it too hard or if it is just like that for everyone as well is a tough one. But as I loose myself and become swallowed up in the joy of Christ I know that everything is ok.

We do a lot of work with less actives. Pretty much just have health problems or anxiety and don't like church. It feels like most of the time it's a cop out so we'll see how it goes. I love teaching my non members but I also hope some of these people can make it to the temple and stay there. Our ward mission leader is way cool. He's already come out with us.

Our address is
1700 Robb St. Building 15 Apartment 106
Lakewood, CO 80215

Our number is
720-PSYCH

I'm excited to find people that want to accept the gospel in this area. Stake conference was all about missionary work and temple work and hastening those works. The temple president and his wife spoke and our mission president and his wife spoke. About simply inviting everyone. Even youth spoke about their friends that were converted simply because they invited.

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment