Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Our problems can be solved through work.

The ward is great. It was my first Sunday in normal church and it was great meeting everyone. We're going to be taking the young men out with us a ton more.

We found Tally, a 9 year old that wants to be baptized whose being adopted into an active family and the moms 7 grandkids aren't baptized and want to as well!!! Unfortunetly they live in another ward but we had a great lesson with 3 of them. 2 are adopted from Africa and are Muslim! Even if I remembered how to pronounce their names I could never spell them haha. They're so prepared. I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to baptize a muslim! And on top of that on exchanges with the elders we found a new investigator who was Muslim from Iraq! He was the first person to answer the door to us when we went tracting and invited us in. He used to be in the military but came here because it was too dangerous there. Apparently people killed his family. I asked if he had a wife and kids and all he said was I don't want to remember it. So sad. I really hope he reads the Book of Mormon and prays about it so that he can have the peace and assurance that he can be with them again forever.

We received a refferal for a guy from Haiti and he was really neat. He talked for the entire hour that we were there. And when we said we needed to leave, he talked to us for another 30 minutes. In the beginning I tried to teach him but realized that it was pointless. That he wasn't listening and just wanted to talk. I remembered Dad saying that he learned people learn more from a question being answered than a lecture. So he did ask us questions. He asked if we were rich and why we served a mission. We told him that we weren't but we gave our money to serve a mission to share the joy we have. He was blown away and said that he wanted to learn more and wanted to read the Book of Mormon. So Dad was right! We'll see how teaching him goes. It's hard to tell if he really wants to learn and come closer to the Savior, or just simply talk about it. Talk a LOT about it.

It's so neat that when we really want to find people that God sends us the most prepared. Like Kirk, Nichole, Matt and Tally. They're from barley anything on my part. Mostly just the Spirit. But the Lord blessed me and prepared people for me teach. The great thing about a mission is learning the humility and selflessness. That it's not me at all that teaching or finding these people. I'm so happy to be apart of their conversions in the smallest ways though.

A mission is tough but An apostle said, 95% of all problems as a missionary can be solved through work. Or something like that.

So we're doing really good out here in Foothills. I might ask president if I can switch over to spanish, apparently we can do that. But we'll see how that goes. I like preaching that gospel without a language barrier. I love you all.

Los amo a todos!

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment