Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

With the Lord I can do anything

THis transfer is going to be the best! My companions are awesome! I knew I wasn't going to be staying in Foothills deep down and knew I was going to Grand Junction. Elder Donovan is the best! He reminds me of Tucker Wallace with how sincere and genuine he is. Not a bad bone in all of his body. Just so hopeful and loving. Very obedient and a hard worker! I'm so excited for that. We also get a third wheel which I'm excited about! Elder Tasilimu! He's been pretty quiet and opening up more and more everyday which is exciting! He has a great testimony! He's from Samoa! He's just coolest guy ever! I love him a ton.

I've learned to love disobedient elders. I hate hate hate disobedience because it's so stupid! You only hurt yourself and the Savior and trample him under your feet! But I've learned to not judge disobedient elders. They always have an amazing story and are going through a lot. I've learned to love them more.

I'm filled with so much love for the missionaries in my zone. This is truly a call to repentance. I see now that I was not the district leader that his mission needs! So the Lord called me to zone leader so that I'll straighten up. President is doing a lot of cool things for this mission. He's very inspired. He has such a strong clear vision that we all become converted, unified, and baptize 100 a month. A lot of missionaries and members have problems with him, but if you're around him all you can feel is selflessness and love. I hope to represent him well for this zone and help them all become a little more converted. I don't know how on earth I'll do that but with the Lord I can do anything.

So it's been a very humbling experience being a zone leader. Humility has been something I've wanted to work on for a long time. I thought I'd be more prideful as a zone leader but it's been the opposite. So I'm excited!

The ward is a bunch of old people! So many old people in these small towns out west! That's a little depressing. It's so hard to stay awake in the wards out here in the west side haha. I think there's only priest out here. I'm learning to love the ward though. I love the work, so I might as well love the people I'll be working with. Don't let San Miguel get filled with Oldies! Go baptize some young families!

We had a miracle new investigator. Elder Donovan and I are very forgetful and get distracted very easily so we zoned off while I was driving on the highway so we pulled off. As we were about to drive off again I noticed a lady outside her house right next to us. So we drove over and she was very open and friendly! We're going to help her pick some weeds this Tuesday!

This area has been struggling and the elders have been working really hard. I hope we can make a change and get the help of the members.

The Stake is so inspiring though! They have a great vision and are gettting all the members more active in missionary work. It's exciting! I'll also get to work with President Atkinson, dad's cousin more so that'll be really cool working with family. He's definitely got some Edgel in him even though he's actually very talented musically on the piano. I guess not unlike Jared and Tyler.

I love you all so much! Help them missionaries out! We need a whole lot more than just 80,000 missionaries! We need EVERY MEMBER. This work was never intended for just 18-28 year old kids. This was intended for ALL. So go invite invite invite! And the Spirit WILL guide you to the elect and WILL be with you and fill your mouth when the Lord sees you're serious about this!

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment