Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Monday, June 2, 2014

May 19th to dad I get fearful that it's because of ME that things aren't working out and because of ME that people fall off and all this, but that's just being too selfish and thinking way too much about myself when I should think of others.



R is struggling. We don't feel the Spirit teaching him as we once have. He has been living the WoW (as he says) and he has been reading everyday (as he says) There's a member that taught a lot of Haitians so he's been a great help. He still hasn't come to church and the last two times he didn't come to the door. So we're worried about that. He talks differently about the church. He doesn't sound like he wants to move forward much. It seems he lets us in mostly because we serve God and he's very Christian, not because he wants to learn more truth. He talks about how the things we've taught him have helped him though so we're hopeful.

The Mcs, no. L is interested and believes what we've taught but his wife is the one that isn't. Turns out she texted us behind his back. We met with him and he really wants to. He has a few concerns himself but really likes everything. She's been antid a little and isn't so keen on changing so much. But we're praying for them and are going to see them soon.

O and Y's parents are very open with their change to Christianity. Other siblings have already so they're ok with it. Y said that while talking to her over Skype about Jesus Christ that her mom said that she could feel something inside of her every time she talked about Him. Pretty amazing. Those girls are going to do so much to hasten to work. They're very special. It's been an honor to teach them.

Sounds like Vegas is fun! The mission is awesome. I've learned to really love my mission and see the importance of giving myself and to not even have one spec of desire to even think about home. But to really give myself. Obviously I'm human but I'm learning a new perspective of dedicating myself. I get fearful that it's because of ME that things aren't working out and because of ME that people fall off and all this, but that's just being too selfish and thinking way too much about myself when I should think of others. So I'm continually learning not to be hard on myself and trust the Lord and just press forward through the bad times, average times and the really good times. I will loose myself a little bit more every day.

I love you dad. Thanks for writting me and thank you a ton for praying for my investigators.

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment