Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Monday, June 2, 2014

So often we tiny humans fight against a very real perfect God that knows everything and sees everything.

That pic of my was from the Weltons! They're an awesome family.

So good to hear about your mad OYMing skills! That's so inspiring! I love that the more we do it, the better we get. New things come to our minds on how to do it more effectively and so on. And if nothing else, it blesses those around us! Although maybe not so much fruit from being obedient and OYMing, we do receive blessings in a very real way and it blesses our families and loved ones.

Sorry I didn't email, it was memorial day and the library was closed, so we got permission to email today.

R is struggling. He seems to be loosing steam about the Gospel. He hasn't come to church or shown much desire to. He says he has been reading the Book of Mormon everyday and living the Word of Wisdom so that is exciting! We hope it's true that he has. We met a less active on the street that says she has a belief it's true but doesn't want to live it. It's really sad to see that. Why wouldn't one want to be blessed by Heavenly Father through living his commandments? So often we tiny humans fight against a very real perfect God that knows everything and sees everything. There's some perspective for ya!

The M girls went to the Salt Lake Temple for a sealing so we can't wait to hear about their experiences and the Spirit they felt.

We had a young man come out with us again that was roudy the first time. We were a little hesitant to have him come out with us again because he was pretty negative and scared away people on the street when we tried to talk with them. But he took it serious this time and even put on his suit. The first young man to do that! And contributed to the lesson so it was really cool. We actually met with L Mc. (Which we found out is really C and they're in a common law marriage and the kids have the wife's last name). He is still very sincere and really wants to meet with us but his wife is scared to after hearing rumors about the church and of course the intimidating commandments we've been given. We're going to try to stop by again and try to talk with her.

We have a new investigator named W! This guy has a great understanding of the Gospel. He's from New York and went from rich to on the streets because of his drug addiction and was in prison from 18 to 29. Despite all of this he still has a great understanding of the Gospel and personal relationship with his Savior. He's Pentecostal and said he can't believe in another prophet but he knows what the Spirit feels like so we're very hopeful for him.

We also met a guy named R who was doing spray paint art. He's about 36 and told us he had congested heart failure and was about to die but was extremely optimistic about things. He understands enjoying a wholesome life way more than most people because he knows first hand how real and how imminent death is. He told us, "I don't want only 5 people at my funeral because I was miserable and depressed about my disease and eventual death so all they have to say is, 'man that R, he uh... he sure got to work on time!'" It was pretty cool because before we left the car I needed to get more pamphlets. There weren't any Plan of Salvation pamphlets left and I only had one in my scriptures and felt like I was going to need that one left especially. When we started talking with him I felt to give him that one especially. So I really hope he feels the Spirit. He's already living the Word of Wisdom so it should be an easy transition for him!

I realized this week how short my time to serve really is. Going through my camera was weird. The work I do deserves my whole self. There is no reason to want to be at home or think about it. What I'm doing is way better than anything for me at home! Why dream about being somewhere else and doing something else when I'm doing the greatest work ever? Missionary work will never as amazing as it is now.

I hope you all are able to be doing missionary work and are praying for the opportunity to share your testimony. It feels so good to give away your testimony. If you want to strengthen and deepen your conversion, share your testimony! I love you all!

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment