Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

I had sweat coming out of my eyeballs

More pics next week. We've had both a great and bad week. I love every second. We've had 11 lessons from the past 2 weeks. Every week you're supposed to hit 20. We're struggling. God is mindful. I'm learning to not be hard on myself. Godly sorrow talk was perfect for me. I love the revelation our leaders receive for us. We're learning and having fun. We were depressed because our gator who we had found that week, we put on date the second time we met her, felt the spirit so much, put her on date for her birthday (which we didn't know) and she dropped us through her boy friend. I have faith in her though. And "when our hearts were depressed" scripture. I love you all.
 
It's so true how we realize the importance of the Gospel while on missions. The Gospel was always so dear to me but I'm realizing the full velocity of it while on a mission. I was prideful and thought that wouldn't really change for me. That attitude really hurt me in the MTC and slowed me down first few days. But when I let go and realized I have some learning to do, I've been so much happier and closer to my Savior and been more okay with sounding like a sensitive little guy haha. It's definitely beyond words to be a missionary.
 
It's dark and we can't see anyone to contact anyway. No one is ever outside this late and this cold. My companion brought that up but I said, whatever come on lets just humor this thought inside my head. So we walk through the park a little. Sure enough, can't see jack. So I decided, "well I'm just going to go for it." So outloud I just say, "Hey! How's it going?" into the empty night. Absolutely no answer obviously. hahahahahahahaha. I busted up laughing so hard. My companion was really down and he was able to laugh as well. It was a good healing time. The day was crap, but we could laugh. We also walked down to this river and quoted the grinch "Hello! How are you? I asked you first!" and we heard what sounded like someone throwing a big rock in and making a splash so we tried talking to them but got no response so we shared the Gospel with them. Never got a response though haha. But we needed it to cheer up.
 
I'm becoming a man, Tyler. In the middle of the day when I'm lost in the work I pause and think, "I'm doing the same amazing work as my father and amazing brothers and becoming like the Savior as they were." It's truly amazing to follow in these big foot steps. It's so cool to be on my own and on the Lord's errand. There's just an awesome spirit about it. Whether shinning my shoes in the morning and watching that Colorado Sunrise or bearing testimony to a stranger, it has an awesome feel to be following after such great men and becoming more confident, faithful, humble, virtuous, knowledgable, experienced and capable. More like the Savior. It's amazing. I love this work. I love representing the Edgel name. I love representing our Savior

Conference very powerful. I loved it so much. So inspired. I thought of you guys and had sweat coming from my eyeballs from the talk about the grandparent with a grandchild in prison. How God knew they were strong enough to take it. Well you guys must be a whole lot stronger hahaha. You guys have been amazing parents.

I love you all so much. Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment