Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Lets plan for a miracle

I will hand write you this week. There are a lot of people I have to write and I'm very behind. But I will do my best. I loved my package! I finally got it! It was perfect.
 
I love my area. I love my people. I love my companion. I'm really appreciative (not allowed to love) for the sisters. Our bishop is hilarious. We only have one counselor it's so small haha. On average about 50. Our goal is to double it. And the Lord is preparing the way. We're praying for it and telling people about it. We're doing our best to work. I'm trying my hardest to hold the Edgel name properly and never waste a second. To be the kind of hard worker as my dad and brothers. To be the missionary they think I am. Too often I feel we waste time. Little things like not having an appt. after 8 and walking around almost aimlessly trying to talk to anyone. Miracles have happened from that though so I try not to ever complain haha. This week Elder Buhecker had to pee and we asked a member but it was broken so he told us of a pool house we could use. We couldn't find it so I thought to knock a particular house and ask them. He said to keep looking. We walked by again and I felt to knock that house. It was an awesome experience. He was bit out there with ideas but it was great. Awesome family.
 
We found 8 new investigators this week! It was truly a miracle. Mission president has increased the standard to 6 which has been a big deal for people. People have been struggling with it. We found 8! We reached 17 lessons by our third week! It's been great. I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to, that my companion was going to be much of a help, but I've been humbled. He may do things differently but we get it done and make a great team. I'm  learning to calm down and really get personal and just get to know people before I start preaching to them. They tell us to talk for a bit and THEN bring up the restoration, Elder Buhecker? He talks 30 minutes and THEN brings it up ever so slightly. It makes me so anxious but it brings the Spirit. I'm  learning to really work with his talents and his way of doing things.
 
Saturday night during planning he just said, let's plan for a miracle and get 5 new gators tomorrow. Guess what? We had a miracle of 5 new gators. We also were handed an eternigator of 2 years. We had the Spirit strong as we told her our purpose.
 
Well the library just announced that we need to get off comps because we've been here too long. We're in another missionaries area for P day and the ZLs are also so it's double and every computer has a missionary on it haha. Hope you like the pics.
 
People don't think I'm 18. They think I'm older than my 23 year old companion hahaah. They don't belive I'm the youngest. That's reassuring. My District leader sounds like uncle merril.
 
I love you all! Make sure my friends are reading my emails. I'm going to write them shortly. Post on facebook my blog if you haven't.
 
Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment