Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Monday, September 30, 2013

We're gaining everyone trust through Service.

ERR! There's always so many things bouncing wildly in my head I can never get them all out! Ok here goes:
 
I love you guys.

We're getting our own PO box but using the sisters for now:
1360 Indian Rails # 14
Steamboat Springs, Co 80487
 
Hunting is amazing huh? Promise to keep going with us? I need to go hunting with my momma.
 
To answer your questions in that letter. Members have fed us every night, I eat food everyday on my own except when I fast. There.
 
I'm so happy to hear people are enjoying my letters! A mission is amazing. I'm glad I can share my mission and help people feel of what it's like as much as I can. Our ward is so strong, it inspires me. I want to make every ward I walk into a little bit more like my homeward.
 
I'm doing great, Mommy. So you keep doing great too okay? I love that your progressing so much. The best antidote for sadness is service! Or however it goes. I'm glad you feel the Creator of everything having your back.
 
Transfers has been bomb. Heart breaking a little, but all in all, very good. So many people in Rangely are ready for either baptism or reactivation. It was crazy. So that was hard to leave. But I like doing hard things so this is good. At transfers some people said my companion was pretty good, one sister got all hush hush and was like, "I heard him curse one time though". On the drive we had such an amazing discussion. He has such a deep knowledge from only being a convert of 2 years. He's also from Vegas which is cool. We both know what the other is actually talking about. He's super serviceable. He's a great example of service and politeness. he just jumps to work at member's house for dinner. He talked about how at each area we're there for a reason and we have to find out. And shared what he felt he was there for in his last area. I felt the Spirit so strong that it was God's will that I leave Rangely. It's very cool that you did too, Momma.

I feel such an urgency for Steamboat Springs. Steamboat is BEAUTIFUL!!! You will be so jealous when I can actually upload pictures. It's fall and the leaves are changing and it's amazing. Breath taking. Tyler will be so jealous he might come to Steamboat after I leave. But it's ski resort kind of town. It's definitely made of money. That part I'm not too fond of. The creators of South Park have a summer home up here! We're going to baptize them and be the cause of South Park being cancelled of made clean.

We have our work cut out for us. But we have won the hearts of these our brethren and sisters! We sat down with the sisters when we split the area and told them we weren't trying to compete, we were extremely thankful for their example and help and would try to live up to the sisters before(who really did kick awesome butt). That sister's heart has been softened to us. The other sister that was transferred in with us is a huge bundle of love and joy. She's so excited about the Gospel haha. Such an example. I came out with her in the MTC and was always afraid of her haha. But now she trusts us so it's really good. And our leader Fred! We made dessert when we ate with them and made cobbler. He's loving us now. Long story short, we're gaining everyone's trust through SERVICE! I couldn't have done it without my companion. He's awesome.
 
Church was a little intimidating. We were over making sure a DVD worked for a presentation we're giving about Justserve.org (check it out, get a head start) which is experimental here in Colorado, California and Texas. Well the DVD was corrupted so it wouldn't work, it was a little scary but I'm learning to become a man by being confident and facing my fears of people.
 
The work is about to explode and my computer is going to shut down.
 
Church is true, book is blue, I love you

Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment