Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Friday, September 6, 2013

We can have a closer relationship with our Heavenly Father through the Gospel.

Love that momma lovin'. My mommy is so good to me and so motivated. I love it!

Thank you so much for the Gavin letter! That makes me so happy. I love my nephews. I think of them all the time when I see kids. Elder Jordan's sex blessing is spreading like wild fire. Everyone in Elders quorum wants a blessing. All the missionaries know. It's gunna be an infamous one.

Stanley is good. We're learning how to help him. He talks forever and last night we didn't even get a lesson. He kept telling captivating stories. He's got some stories. His infamous mud buggy and how him and his buddies would run from the cops across farm fields, up streems, drive over trees, hid in farmer's barns, go out to their bar that would over sell to minors. Funny funny stories.

Quotes: "have you ever had feelings for a sister missionary?" "Ew! No whey!" (Nacho libre but missionary lingo" "We're dead!" With a southern accent "Getcho self a good pinch!" southern accent. Everyone here says Sundee. Instead of Sunday.

We had a neat experience where we went to a part members house in Dinosaur. She's very strong but her husband is jealous of church and make her choose between him and it. She's very distraught. I felt impressed to ask if she wanted a blessing. Oh and a priest going on his mission got to be a part too. I told her that Heavenly Father was glad of her choice of marriage. A steep claim but I felt impressed. She was balling. She was so happy to have the priesthood in her life. It was amazing.

Female appreciation:
Females are an amazing species I'm finding. All the elders like to bag on sisters and their inability. It's really sad. We elders have such a hard time being obedient, spiritual, sensitive, considerate, loving, smelling good and not talking about poops and farts. We all have our weaknesses. But sisters are such an example of selflessness and love. They're so genuine and trusting in their Heavenly Father to make the difference. The sisters in our district wipe a 90 year olds butt twice a day! Talk about true love! (very true story)
So many women out here are married to men that don't want to be active, don't want to try the church, and don't want to let their wives show their devotion to God by participating. It's so sad. So many women trail blazers. They're so awesome. We're going to make their husbands ball like babies and become spiritually sensitive. 

They're black people here at the community college!!!!!!!! IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY TO SEE ALL 5 OF THEM!!!

We're having a lot of blessings. I decided to bare my testimony at every fast and testimony meeting to help motivate the members. They're telling us they liked our testimonies. I have so much greenie fire. I jump up as soon as I can to bare my testimony like a primary kid and just give a short testimony about how I love the work and sit down and my companions stroll up casually a little after and give very wise, comfortable and inspired testimonies. Love those guys. We've had 4 new investigators and 23 lessons. Which is awesome for being white washed. Our productivity gets better and better every week.

I've been praying to have my testimony strengthened. It was shaken good a few times before my mission and so I feel a lot more confident with the things I've learned from them. But Satan is tricky and makes me forget the amazing spiritual experiences I've had. He makes me think they were made up and not by the Spirit. By that I mean he gets Baptists to talk to me. (teehee ok that was mean) But really, talking to Baptists, they're all VERY factual. That's everything they rely on is what they can see. And they can see the Bible and are comfortable with it. So when we bear testimony about how if they try and give a sincere heart the Spirit will work inside them and let them know, they tell us, well you can fool yourself into anything. Emotions are complicated and you can misunderstand them all the time. Tricksy Baptists. But by the Spirit we can know ALL things. Even your Bible says so! HAHA! So I've been praying a lot for confirmation on my testimony. I got a little jealous of my companions but Heavenly Father was patient with me and gave me what I needed. I was praying to remember my spiritual experiences, and remember what I've learned and know as well as further confirmation. And everyday I still do pray for this. We all could.

That night I wrote in my journal all the experiences I've had that have helped me to KNOW. and I keep praying to remember more and receive further confirmation.

I know this church is true. Every young man everywhere should prepare to serve a mission. It will bless their lives more than they can imagine. I've been out for only a month and I'm changing into a whole new better person. Give of yourself wholly! EVEN THE SISTERS GO ON MISSIONS!!! And they don't even have to! As Kenine Singleton said in his testimony after a bunch of women shared theirs, "we need to pick it up guys."

The Gospel blesses us and our familes. We can have a closer relationship with our Heavenly Father through the Gospel. That's the biggest thing I know. I've had a place to escape to my whole life whenever I felt depressed and like giving up. But because of the Gospel, I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along. I KNOW that because of the Gospel.

A missionaries dying wish: do your home teaching, plan your lessons for church and anything else with love and thought, help others sincerely and know you're where you need to be.

I love you guys.

The church is true and the book is blue.

Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment