Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

This Gospel gives us full access to the atonement.

I'm learning power in admiring other people's spiritual gifts. I want to be able to discern them and point them out to others so they can feel their worth. That's something I learned is powerful in the MTC. Our teacher had us go walk around and walk up to someone and admire their spiritual gifts. There were some pretty powerful experiences. One elder just had the feeling to say one had the gift of scriptorian knowledge and it made the persons day and everyone around was like dude he's the greatest scripture master ever! I had seen a physical handicapped person earlier in the week and saw his pure love for everyone around him and how he was just so happy and loving to someone he had only met once before. I was able to admire him for it and made me feel really good.

There's this really awesome really inactive member out in Dinosaur that played the guitar for us the other day. He was in a band and still plays constantly today. It was so awesome to hear live guitar again.

There's a pigeon that sits in Elder Jordan's window every night. We named it taco and try to feed it but he flies away. Random thing of the day.

There's this sweet old 90 year old lady that we visit every now and then. Deaf as a... deaf thing. Every time without fail when we walk in she says, "sit down" in her old lady voice. That's one of our quotes. Well one day when we walked in she talked about the weather and it being warm. (before her hearing aid so she couldn't here a thing, which she still can't even with it) so I said "Can you dig it!?!?" and lost it in laughing. But she's deaf so it just seemed like I was smiling hahaha. The baptismal invite is "will you follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized by someone holding the proper authority of God? We will be holding a baptisimal service on blank, will you prepare to be baptized by that day? Well she hasn't been to church in like 40 years so I said, "Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ by coming to church? WIll you prepare to come to church on September 15th? And then busted up again hahaha. She didn't come but she will some day!

Quotes: "Well then go poop!!!". In a lesson one day we hear in the background. "Grandpa, I need to poop." "Well then go poop!!!" This guy has the thickest beard. When he talks it looks like a bush moving so that made it 10 X's better to imagine him saying. "I was just Talkin' boutchu guys! Get in here, get in here!" (kinda high pitched, black accent) That happened to another Elder with some black guy they were teaching.

Tyler, we eat a ton of peaches. The town over sells them practically like home grown. Best peaches ever. So guess what I sing all the time? Well I'm in the country and I'm eating peaches so I'll let you guess that one.

We've started teaching a 16 year old. One of the kids that has his mission call brought two friends. One has been catholic his whole life and wants to explore other religions and feels good about ours. A lot of stuff has happened in his life where he's prayed for help and he met the kid that invited him to church and things are getting better. So he's taking that as a sign. It's amazing to see him so ready and prepared and thirsting after knowledge.

We talked with this very inactive woman who was baptized at 12 but then stopped caring and doesn't even remember it exactly. We talked about each of our spiritual experiences that showed us that God loves us. Her 15 year old nephew that left the room when we came in eventually came in and sat with us and listened. The Spirit was so strong. He's also very inactive and his dad died when he was 5 who was this amazing man that everyone loved and it didn't make sense that he died. so he went inactive. We bore testimony of the power of the Book of Mormon and gave them each a copy. They were both extremely grateful for us coming by.

The work is powerful. The affects are so visible. I'm truly understanding that this is GOD's church. Not just another church that's pretty good, but literally the church that people have been searching for for centuries and millenias! This is how people come closer to God than by anything else! This is what clears up all of the confusion in the world! This is what gives people hope in this dark world. This is what gives life! This gives us full access to the atonement and gives us peace of mind! It gives direction by the prophet of God we have today! I'm trying to give of myself everyday, every second. I'm trying to keep my mind focused completely and give everything I have. I'm over coming my fears to order for people to feel this joy.

I love you guys so much. I think about you all. I couldn't be happier to serve God. I know that I am literally a representative of Jesus Christ. Keep on truckin' out there!

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment