Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Yes there can be MIRACLES

It blows me away how real He really is. I want to become so focused and centered on the Gospel. I want my every being to desire bringing about His work. I want to be filled with His love. Too much time is wasted even when I'm being obedient and doing everything I'm supposed to and doing the work but not centered on His love. We can cover so much ground when we feel His love.

I'm glad to be with Elder Dean as well. I've learned so much patience and have become less and less of my natural Edgel instincts. I'll have the best eternal marriage EVER now!


First miracle. That beautiful truck, Jasmine. Tyquisha on P-days.

Second miracle! Hopefully my eyes don't get watery again in the library. With the new transfer I wanted to get more motivated than ever before and more focused and filled with charity and desire. So we've taken up Moroni on praying for charity just about everytime we pray. We have had the coolest lessons because of that. Just because we have more of a desire we've had so many doors open to us and so many more people available to talk to us! It's amazing what happens when our minds are focused. We have 4 progressing investigators all of a sudden too! Genuine solid progressing investigators! We'll be praying about a baptismal date for them soon!
One whose name is Shane, has read up to 2 Nephi on his own! He has a real desire. He claims atheism and was raised catholic. We talked about prophets and authority and he asked us, "do we have one of those today?" with the most sincere desire to know! We told him about Christ having 12 apostles and today having 12 apostles and he goes, "we do? Why doesn't anyone tell me these things!" He asked what it mean for our bodies to be temples and why we need to do certain things and stay away from others. We talked about Chastity and Word of Wisdom and he asked sincerely, "if someone does, can they be forgiven?" Yes Shane, they sure can.

The greatest miracle this week. We're fasting and praying for a baptism this month. We really want one. A man named Matt came to church all by himself. He's known bishop since they were kids and saw his conversion. He's had his 2 year old daughter for 3 whole weeks which is the most he ever has. He doesn't know where Mom is and she's very unstable. He told us that he wants to join the church and fully intends on coming next week and from now on! We get to teach him seeing that he lives alone. I've been filled with so much love and gratitude to be able to be apart of his conversion! It's so amazing. I love Heavenly Father so much. I'm so grateful to be His missionary in these last days and especially as THE marvelous work is being brought forward.

So many miracles. If all we do is just have our hearts and mind in it! Our might and strength is not enough. We must give him our EVERYTHING. Every fiber. Every desire. To really want what he wants and not fight it internally. Hard to learn, but because of the Atonement we can learn it instantly if we really want to. It's all dependent on our want. I'm going to make copies of this talk I'm reading.

I LOVE my baked potato cooker! And what on earth should I do with this Elk meat! Bo Hatch gave us the back straps of his wife's elk for dinner. ohhhh My goodness. Best. Dinner. Ever. The fruits of sharing the Gospel! They have a temple day of June 12th! He's nervous but we know he can make it.

I had an idea. For My B day or something, a flashdrive full of spiritual uplifting music, talks, and movies made by the church. Those are approved.

I love you all so much! Don't fight the will of God like Laman and Lemuel. Your problems won't go away if you kill your younger brother or change wards anything like it! God's will is God's will and is the same anywhere you go. What's even better is it doesn't drag us down or keep us from being happy. It lifts us to new planes of happiness. Trust the Guy who knows you perfectly.

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment