Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Monday, February 10, 2014

Love is much more than patience

Shout out to my homies!! Hi homies. Me ama todo!! I think of you all time to time and wonder what you're up to. I'm curious to know what my mission and emails look like to you since you're obviously not members and my "job" is seamingly to convert people like you haha! But I hope you'll let the missionaries in sometime and share our message with you. Even if it's just to let them out of the heat. Try out this message. I love you all so much. I'd name names but I know I'd forget a few at the moment and offend some of you haha but know that I honestly do think of you and love you all!

There's so many amazing things happening here. Jared Guy, Less active 25 wants to get on a mission before he's 26, got the higher priesthood, Bo Hatch (as you know) less active guy whose family I've really grown to love got the "ironic" priesthood as he says, Fransisco a new convert got the aaronic priesthood and passed for the first time!! Kirk our recent convert is going to get it soon when he can get off work and has come to peace with being baptized when he was. He kept saying that he felt rushed into it and it happened to fast but we talked about the purpose of baptism being to put us on the right path, not us being on the path and then being baptized. He's been feeling the Spirit a whole lot more and doing really good. He jokes about how he didn't know there was so much commitment in the church and work and probably wouldn't have gotten into it if he knew before hand hahaha. Miliandro, this Peruvian we met at McDonalds on Pday that was here for the season but didn't know where the church was wants to serve a mission!! Gabby another recent convert is going to do baptisms soon and is on FIRE! The Sisters will go over to give her new member lessons and she'll just be reading a talk or watching mormon messages and the sisters will feel like, what are we even doing here? She doesn't need us haha. Matt, the guy that came to church and said he wants to be baptized is going to be on Feb 28!!!! Sean, an athiest is on date for March 8 and said he wants to be proven wrong about athiesm and is searching for an answer! The ward is growing! It's so good to see and be apart of. I've given my testimony every month since my mission. I love being with these people. There's a recent convert that's been under a lot of stress and a learned man gave her a bunch of anti material but she's been doing really excellent. She apparently framed a picture of her sitting really close to me when I was closed in and me freaking out trying to get away hahaha.

We had dinner with Fransisco, Gabby and Milagros again last night and had some more delicous Mexican food. They say that I am Mexican! Woo hoo! But they said that I still need to learn to cook, get a mexican cow boy hat, dance, and be illegal like them hahaha.

Elder Dean and I are learning to loose ourselves everday. It's so important to have the Spirit. That is the most important thing we could ever do. I'm having such a deeper craving for it than e ever before. More importantly than the greatest technique of OYMing or style of teaching, or education or knowledge or experience, is the SPIRIT. Fear not if you don't know how to answer the questions of your friends! Just remember that it's the Spirit anyway. If we have the Spirit, there will be nothing we cannot do. Miracles just like the ancient times with Alma and Ammon will happen in a very real way. I love that so much about the Savior. We dont' need to be anyone special. Infact it's when we realize that we're simply not all that more special than anyone else that we become special enough to be a part of His miracles.

Thank you for the music! I love having music. could I get some more sweet pictures of each siblings family and some of my friends!?

I'm learning to really love my companion. Not just put up with him, but really love him. Love is much more than just patience. Love isn't just putting up with someone.

Well I love you all!! Read the scirptures! Say your prayers! Do all those simple things that make such a huge difference. It's not easy, but it's worth every second.

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment