Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I'll keep working and praying and growing.

Holly molly. Although you may not think. You've done an excellent job raising your children. It's sad to see when our investigators are hardened and then all these things start happening to humble them. It's hard to see because I just want to say why don't you get it!? Just be humble and listen to the Spirit! I hope they get it.

I got the packages! I got the V day and Tylers and Janeas letter so thank you all! I haven't actually gotten Janea's letter. The Sisters just told me they have it. The dried fruit was the best! Thank you thank you!! Especially the mexican mangos haha.
Thanks for all you do momma.

We had a great week and some way cool lessons. Our district is going to start doing a prayer list of our investigators for all of us to pray for. In our last DM one of the new sisters said she went to another DM on exchanges and it was quiet and awkward and just weird and said she likes ours a lot more so that was reassuring haha.

Thursday morning we got a call from the zone leaders. "are you elders almost here?" "Almost to where?". Well we got to zone meeting for the last hour of it and it was exactly what I needed to hear. They challenged us to read the Book of Mormon everyday for 30 minutes in personal study. I've stressing out a lot in my personal study trying to cram in as much as possible. But remembering that I won't have the Spirit that way and calming down and just simply reading has brought the Spirit in a whole lot more.

We OYM'd (open your mouth in case anyone has forgotten) some two college kids shoveling snow off their car and so we helped out. It turned out that one of them was a member and told us how much he's strayed away but has always loved the church and stood by it but is just lacking the commitment. His friend is very open as well so we're excited to start teaching them!

We also talked in sacrament meeting Sunday. Bishop asked what we thought we should talk on and scripture reading popped into my head so we did. Jared taught as well and came in late after sacrament in his cook clothes haha. He's been coming to a lot of lessons with us which has been great. So has Kirk. He drove us down to Oak Creek and came to a lesson with us to Travis! He's been smiling a lot more but work keeps him from church.

Matt is doing super although we only saw him once this week. We're going to try to get his baptism going really soon! We may have to move it back so he can get over Word of Wisdom issues with chew and smoking. Pray for him.

Bo Hatch has officially quite chew so that's really exciting! We had lunch with them when we went down. The ward council has been playing with the idea of putting us in the south route for a few days a week and live with the members the Crofts, a super awesome older couple. But they're kitchen flooded and so that may not be possible any more this transfer. But we have a lot of investigators here in steamboat we need to work with so it will work out.

We have a new investigator Jebidiah! He doesn't like to call us elder because he thinks it sounds ridiculous so he said he'd call me EE and Elder Dean, Dean if we call him Jebidiah. He loves meeting with us and this last time we read the beginning of the BoM together since he didn't and he wants to read on his own now. Sean isn't on target for baptism but is doing pretty good. He hasn't been reading and has lost a bit of interest so that's disapointing but he can get there.

I need to take pictures of some of our investigators. They're a riot! Travis has a gnarly beard and long hair. He struggled with the concept of polygamy but we explained we don't practice that so that helped. He struggles a lot with beer and went on about how he couldn't stop coffee but then said maybe he should before we really even taught anything about it haha. It turned out that the sisters are teaching his girlfriend so that should help him out a lot!

The work is hard but I do everything I can in every moment to be moving the work forward. It's so worth it.

I'm not anywhere close to where I need to be and have a lot more to work on in order to be the servant Heavenly Father wants for me to be. I'll keep working and praying and growing. I'm just an old chunk of coal but I'm going to be diamond someday. Elder Dean and I have grown closer. He's becoming more mature everyday. He's such an example of ultimate humility. I'm learning to open up more and be a good sport.

Los amo a todos!

Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment