Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Sometimes the Lord uses ice cream to do His work

THANK YOU THANK YOU for the package! It was so exciting and perfect! The music is perfect. It reminds me of being gathered around a Christmas tree reading stories and drinking hot cocoa. The songs on them were really good so thank you a ton for sending them!

If anyone has any recipe for meals I'd like them.

I would like the story of both you and Dad's conversion. How old were you and how old was Jeremy?

Not sure if I already shared this, but reading through my journal, my favorite parts were when I was working with my family. Some families favorite thing is watching movies, playing cards (our poor mother likes it and her grumpy boys hate it), our family likes to just work. I love doing that with my dad and brothers. I didn't do enough of it.

Joe is coming around quite well. He said that he only wanted to say one thing that he was grateful for on Facebook for Thanksgiving and said he talked about the missionary program in the church.

At our last district meeting we all talked about what we learned this past transfer. The most quiet spoke up and admitted to what he has learned. Everyone said profound things. One had wanted to go home, not sure if I told you, said he learned how God is there and that he's decided to stay. Sweat almost came out of my eyeballs. It was such a reward to have him stay. My district in one transfer has had 2 ETs. That was a good reassuring start of how well I was doing. It's so important to know what's going on in everyone's lives. I love my district so much. I feel so unworthy to be their leader sometimes but I when I forget that, and focus on the love I feel toward them, it all works.

No one in Steamboat was transferred! Only two in my district, but they are still in my district.

We had very cool OYMing experiences. Stoner method. One person who had his headphones in and was quite awkward, when asked what he thought of when he saw the picture of Christ holding the lamb on the pamphelt paused, looked at it and said, I'll be honest with you guys, I needed this right now. I'll tell you something I haven't told anyone. I feel very lucky to have met you. It was such an amazing experience. We're going to see him soon sometime. We also met someone wanting to have Christ more in his life and struggling. We promised him that because of his open heart, he could be filled. He said he was very grateful to hear that because not many of his friends tell him good job for being open minded.

We had a powerful lesson with some kids of a member. They've been inactive for awhile. It was very powerful just going over the first lesson. Whenever the Spirit is strong I always know it's because that person we're teaching needs it. I'm learning to not be afraid of being bold and confident and loving.

We've been playing basketball every Tuesday night (just found out we weren't supposed to. Whoops!) at the ward building with a lot of non members and one of our investigators. We've been having a spiritual thought every time and in the last one we asked them to read the BoM and one of the boys asked us for one before we could offer it and was excited to read it. It was so special. My comp has been struggling a lot with confidence in himself. In the car he said he never feels the Spirit when he talks and said he feels like he ruined the thought after he spoke. After saying things I thought were necessary for him to hear I shut my fat mouth. Then felt to tell him that he was good enough for the mission and good enough for the Lord. He asked me "how did you know to say that?" in his tears. It was so special to be there for him. He's really improved so much since that and has greater confidence in himself. I'm learning a lot to be more sensitive to him and love him more as the Lord does. We get to be together another 6 weeks which is really special to me.

There's a lot of drama going on with the people that the Sisters teach and in the ward. So at waffles today Don Ella was in a room with a sobbing investigator while everyone was cooking and eating. I noticed Sister Tew grab ice cream from the freezer and two spoons and slip into a room. I started asking "what was tha - oh." Then as she was talking to another investigator had to take her to the room. Then a recent convert had to be led into the room hahahaha. And another tub of ice cream and spoons were thrown in. It was so good for those sisters to have that. Don Ella is an amazing woman.

Elder Dean stories! While OYMing a cute/kinda flirtatious walked by. Elder Dean: Hey how's it going what's your name. girl: I'm (whatever)! I have to go but don't worry you'll see me again in your dreams! Elder Dean: *after she's walked off a little ...Can we give you our number?!?!
He's been slipping on ice and falling at least once every single day this week. Poor guy.

OYMd three girls "hey have you guys every talked to mormon missionaries?" No not yet. *stood willing to talk Elder Dean walks away. Bahahahaha! So they asked if he needed help getting back to his apartment or something. Finally I came up and helped him out and set up a time to see them latter. Elder Dean asked, do you think they're hookers since they offered to come back with us to our apartment?

While guessing what transfers was going to be he said how most the elders would be whitewashed. I asked do you know why missionaries are white washed? That's a little rude Elder. No I just like saying whitewash.

Elder Dean has a lot to talk about! Such an awesome kid. In my journal I wrote down all this gifts to help me love him more. And what is in my power to help him. It's helped us a lot to grow closer with one another.

The biggest thing I'm learning right now is inspiring in others a motivation to learn more about the Gospel. That's all we can do at times. I've come to find for myself that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints offers so much peace and solace. It has helped me to feel happy. I would be 100Xs more of a grump than I am now. Everyone that has ever truly and honestly opened their heart to if the Book of Mormon is truth and is honestly willing to act on it, has been made happier. Kirk is so much happier. My parents are happier who came from hard lives, my brothers are happier who were in the middle of despair. And I've been given hope that life is worth something and that I should keep mine. I've been given peace that there is a being who created and loves me infinitely and knows what's perfect for me in order to be happy. There is a master plan for each of us by this being who profess to be our Heavenly Father.

This plan is called The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This plan is found in the Book of Mormon and missionaries can help you find it out for yourself. Don't wait till you're broken hearted to find if this can help. Try to open your heart now. I wouldn't dedicate 2 years of my life going against all that is natural to me to do something I didn't know for a surety is not only just a good thing to do, but is THE truth to help us all. Not to push around, but to lift us up. I know that is true. I know it can help all and I am eternally grateful for the chance to give it to others.

Read the Book of Mormon. Talk to the missionaries. I love you all and think you of you all.

Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment