Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Monday, December 23, 2013

Its so humbling to think that the Savior was born for US.

Elder Condie while on exchanges and talking about the missionary pictures (all leaders have pictures of the missionaries in their jurisdiction) said jokingly every time he sees my picture it makes him happy because of how purely happy I look hahaha. Thank you for the smile momma! That's a compliment to your wonderful contagious smile!

How can i cook with chicken breast?

All my dirty boys, I'm currently trying to write letters to each of you. I can only write letters on P-days and mostly we don't even have time to be in the appartment. I love you all though. Something that came to mind though, my companion studied some hymns this morning and got a whole lot out of it. Did you know Nearer My God to Thee is based off the story of Jacob in the old testament? If just reading scriptures is boring to you, try annotating the hymns and reading the scripture references. I think you music talented kids might like that. I thought of you. I'm sure you could understand music a whole lot more just by studying music written by the Spirit.

I asked Fred one day if i could come back after my mission and work with him for a summer. He said ya of course and brought it back up another time. He's another one of those extremely hard working men. He's very smart. A little more on Fred. He's a native here and grew up on owl eggs and elk milk since they were so poor they just domesticated their own wild animals. He's a convert to the church at around age 21. As soon as he read the BoM he knew it was true and couldnt stop reading. He served in Vietnam, has a twin sister (who just passed), has been in prison where he constantly was singing teach me to walk in the light, has had a pet beaver, skunk, seal, racoon, built his own boat to make some money as a fisherman in Alaska, abducted his kids from Alaska got past border patrol twice after the whole continent was looking for him (you might be able to find that in the news if you search. it was a big deal. People were sending him money and supporting him) and is a very very spiritual man. He always tells of the story when he was in the middle of the ocean in shipwreck pass with 3 story tall waves around him in his small boat feeling like he would die and literally seeing the waves calm around him as he prayed so earnestly our Heavenly Father and sailing safely through the night. He's an amazing man. He's rough around the edges and secretly sensitive, but a very good man. I would love for my family to meet him and Don Ella. Such wonderful people. So helpful to the ward. Call Don Ella some time, momma. She would love to talk with you. Make sure you get to have Fred say hi as well. And ensure that pops says to them.

Well He did. Heavenly Father is giving me a testimony of leadership. I was bitter about it but He's teaching me to not overlook it. I feel such unearthly love for these missionaries. It's been really great to be a part of. I love how He works with us and gives us what we need to be stronger. In Gospel Principles as were talking about The Fall a less active lady told about how she had gone through a divorce and car wreck and how she's not totally glad that it's all happened, she's at peace with it and knows it was there to help her and knows that if it weren't for the fall and the pain that we get to experience, we wouldn't grow and become stronger. She doesn't talk about her trials much so it was so special to be a part of. We just hope she continues coming to church. Such a simple thing such as church attendance can bless our lives spiritually in so many ways. Especially the way that God has set up His organization in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. There are so many testimonies that point to this being His Church. Find your own testimony. Find out for yourself and experiment upon the Book of Mormon and see if it can't help your life even more.

I love you all. Merry Christmas and remember the reason for the Season. It's so humbling to think that the Savior and Redeemer was born on THIS earth for US. That the one person who had a perfect love and perfect being came for US. Remember His love.

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment