Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

3rd Transfer & training

Mommy! You are the goodliest parent ever! Make sure you do not edit this out of my blog. Every sentence of this paragraph. MY PARENTS ARE THE BEST!! They're the goodliest of the goodly!

I'm training. Tell my foster parents. My greenie is currently here in Colorado and the mission home in Denver. I will meet him tomorrow. I'm really excited to train! I always knew I would. I've always been thinking about the things I would do if I were training. The things I would want him to know. When you're in training you get an extra hour of study, so just when I thought we could start going outside and proselyting, I still get that hour of study haha. But it's good. My companion is leaving. He's really frustrated and bummed about it. He's loved it here and has grown so close to everyone. He's great at being good friends with people. This will be the 3rd time in a row that he's been in an area for only one transfer. So he's really bummed. I'll miss him too. He was a great companion and taught me confidence a lot.

We drove down to a training in Grand Junction with President. My pops is also training again. This will be his 3rd trainer in a row in 3 transfers. He's poppin em out! It was good to be with him again. He always just whispers tid bits of wisdom during trainings to me that prove to be pretty helpful. In the training with just the trainers he told us the reason he calls missionaries to train is because they're obedient, hard working and spirit filled. That was refreshing to hear. President Atkinson (dad's cousin) had me come up and read something and told everyone I was his cousin and his middle name was Edgel. That was pretty cool. Two other of the missionaries that came out with me are training. Amazing things are happening in the mission. 8 areas are being white washed. The record was 2. 5 areas are opening up. The two areas I've been in so far I white washed and opened. It's been really cool to be apart of.

Dad, what's your indian tribe and name? What's Jeremy's?

One day a guy was outside his friends house with a joint in one hand and a drink in the other. The Jehova Witness's walked by him but didn't talk to him. So as they walked by he said, "The Mormons are more right than you guys." As they looked really confused at him. I busted up laughing when he told us that. That guys gets to the heart of my humor.

This week has been hard. These WEEKS have been hard on numbers. We got up there but we've come back down. We're going to have to really push it this next transfer with my new greenie. We're going to get things DONE. We need some greenie fire. President had all the missionaries do a 24 hour fast for the people in their area to be softened, for members to have courage to bear testimony, for us to be faithful and obedient and to have a baptism by Dec 16 and rescure a less active. But as a desire of our heart. Not out of obligation. So it's been good. I do feel very good things will come out of it.

I love this work. I'm going to be pushing myself harder than ever this next transfer. Thanks for all your prayers. Missionaries are so blessed to get so many prayers. Every temple in every sessions everywhere prayers for the missionaries.

The snow is finally sticking! We've been in so many almost accidents! It's been so amazing hahaha. Just an hour ago we actualy had just got our car pushed out of a ditch. I want to blame my companion since he was driving but I could be no better haha.

I know my Heavenly Father loves me and is going to help us get our numbers up. He's going to be there for me because he was there for my parents in their darkest times. The darkness always ends. And how bright it does get in the day! Not just bright enough to see your way away slowly, but to see EVERYTHING.

I love you momma. I will do this with strength.

Your baby,
Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment