Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

I always feel the Spirit when I write home

I loved loved loved my packages! The turkey was hilarious! Best momma ever. Momma's are so important. They take care of their babies better than anyone around. It's amazing to think of the infinite bond between a mother and her children. To think that the heavenly principle of infinite love has truly touched here on earth in our families is mind blowing. You truly see God's Hand in everything as a missionary haha.

The ward had their primary program. The ward is tiny and so is the primary. Some kids were missing so they had two ladies that were converts and never got to be in a primary program to fill their place. It was really sweet and hilarious. One lady said that everything she was told to read was an answer to her prayers. She was very touched when she read a part on families that said "I pray for them to happy in eternity" it was really sweet.

We had interviews with president and got some one on one time. That was really really awesome. I chewed him out for making me a DL haha. Then he humbled me with a few words of why he called me...

My companion is weird. It's no mystery haha. I love him to death. I don't really get that annoyed with him that much though. I honestly do love him and regard him as anyone else. But I won't beat around the bush in that he's weird. I've thought a lot about that and on whether it's my job to accept him or make him normal. And I've come to the conclusion of both. More accept than anything. But we as missionaries are very most definitely supposed to be mature and professional. So it's been happy for me to realize that yes, I can teach him maturity and acting his age and it isn't wrong of me. I am learning through him to not care about what other people think.

I'm in the Spirit of Christmas finally. I gave in. With all this snow and lights here and there, and a dinner where our host sang "Do you see what I see?" I just caved in.

My companion while chasing after a girl at night (I explained to him how we don't chase after girls after dark) to share the Gospel saw that his efforts were about to be wasted in catching up to her. So in a last ditch effort he purposely fell off the path into snow with a dramatic "Ahhh!" In hope of getting her attention. (I explained to him how we don't bare false witness).

Here's some spiritual stuff. Our investigator wanted to be baptized in March. So we had a lesson to explain to him how we felt by the Spirit he was ready for the 10th. I read Mosiah 18 (little something I learned with Golden and Reel) and Elder Dean spoke more than he ever has. Our sketchy ward mission leader didn't go off into deep doctrine and the investigator said he felt excited to be baptized the 30 of November. That's been very exciting. The biggest thing I learned this week is to teach very simply. To trust in the Spirit enough to completely let go of all the things I think are right because I can do them and start from scratch and completely trusting in him. I don't need all this luggage to hike Mt. Charleston. All I need a little day pack with maybe a few BoM's and enough snacks and water to carry me over and I'll be just fine. I feel so humble in this. I must completely rely on the Spirit to be successful.

I know success isn't measure by numbers and large quantities of baptisms but I want to be like those in the Scriptures because I know their true. I want to be able to walk around a lake and in 3 hours have 16 people on date to be baptized and 14 follow through. (a true story from a MTC instructor) not to be high and mighty and show how cool I am, but to really dedicate myself to the Lord and make a difference. And leadership have better not get in my way of teaching! I'm still working on gaining a testimony of leadership....

I love you all so very much! I always feel the Spirit when I write home. I get so excited about sharing my experiences with the Spirit with you all. I know it's true.

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment