Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My sister & I share a unique trait...

Sorry I didn't get to email last week. They didn't give a P day for those who were transferring in. 36 new missionaries are in Colorado! Next transfer 32 come in. The Lord is hastening His work truly. You can just send it to 999 E Tufts Ave Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113-5907 and they'll forward it to me. I don't know our apartment quite yet. We just moved out of a member's home.

Here we go. I'm going to go fast so try and keep up. We listened to another Bednar talk in the MTC on listening to the Spirit. He said to just keep being a good boy or girl, keep your covenants and it'll fall into place. We don't need to know right then that it's the Spirit whispering to us. Just do good and the rest falls into place. Bednar is awesome.

The airport was the first time being in the real world. It was funny because people looked nervous around us and almost tried to avoid us hahaha. When we landed the Mission President, his wife and his AP's were there to greet us. He was casually shaking everyone's hand and then lit up when he saw me and said, "Elder Edgel! You're going to love your area!" I was taken back a bit but it's so cool to see that he's received inspiration for me on where is best for me. In our interview he asked me what I KNOW. So I said that I know the love that Heavenly Father has for me and that He only wants best for me and that I can trust Him. On the car ride to the mission office I rode with the AP's and they asked why we came out and what we want to learn. I said I came out because I want to learn how to give back and that a mission is a good place to start. My MTC companion said, "because I want to turn branches into wards." What a faithful guy. I said I wanted to learn how to be an effective member missionary that I can continue to give back. The AP's told us how the land of desolation in the BoM is north and we should be grateful to be in the Denver, SOUTH in the land bountiful. Nerdy missionary jokes. I'm in a trio. My trainer is awesome and a good leader. The other guy is from Alabama and also has an accent. I think I'm coming home with a southern accent. They think I'm pretty funny so thanks for praying that my companions won't be so annoyed with me. ;)

Shopping was terrifying. I have $4 for everyday. I had no idea what I was doing. All this time I've also been afraid that I wouldn't eat good if taking care of myself. Come to find out, I eat WAY BETTER when I shop for the foods I want and cook the way I want. I don't starve myself waiting for my mother to slave for me.

Welcome to (range lee) Rangley, Colorado! The most wonderful place I've ever lived. Population: 2000. Exactly what I've dreamed of! Mission President was right. It's kind of dessert but snows. I'll have to take a picture at the top of the city. You can overlook and see all the green trees in the city and the dessert surrounding it with the most wonderful plateaus. We also cover Dinosaur. Population: 300. We only visit once a week. We cover two wards and Dinosaur. We're going to make Dinosaur it's own branch. About 30 members, 3 active though.

I've learned how I can show my love more fully. I'm not the best in conversation, I don't really easily laugh, but my sister and I share a unique trait; we smile big and bright. President said that's how he recognized me. I smile so much naturally out here that I have to keep drinking water so I don't get cotton mouth from having my lips open.

Missionary lingo: "oh man my fart didn't even stink! Call President!" People say "good night" a lot too out here. "I'd add that sister to my team." (marriage team). OYM, SC, HBT, southern comp says "it was baaad" a lot. Oh and "how do you mean?" Example: Elder Jordan: Let's go see blah blah blah Elder Tillman; How do you mean? Elder Jordan: You know how I mean! Elder Tillman: How do you figur? Elder Jordan: How do I figur? Where do you get off! Elder Tillman: How do you reckon? Elder Jordan: Are you high? (I can't put a number on how many times I've heard this exact conversation) I need to learn to write shorter...

Our new apartment has nothing. No beds, no pots, no cooking spary, no blankets, no pillows, no SHOWER CURTAIN, no utensils, no bowls or plates, our pets heads are falling off! It's awesome though. We get everything today. I've been using clothes as a pillow and my sheets, towel and lava lava as a blanket.

Dad, people do ask me to pray all the time. No one's done the plane joke though. It's so good to hear Jeremy is doing better, I'm praying for him. I'm so glad I got to ride the loop with him even though we didn't stick together. It was still lots of fun with him. I got food poisoning last night. Woo hoo! First of the mission! I'm doing good though.

Janea, I gave some missionaries the info at the parade. If they haven't contacted them I'm not sure where the info is. It should be in my memory box that isn't duck tapped over. If they're both duck tapped, it's the one with less stuff. Feel free to dig for it.

It's awesome to see the impact as missionaries. How people will listen to us so easily. Everyday I get to have an amazing spiritual experience with someone. I'm seeing my blessing of loving people more than myself come to pass already. I love the people here. First Sunday we gave a talk on missionary work. I spoke on the need for understanding and not being pushy. (Sorry Tyler, I'm learning to motivate people rather than push them.) I love you guys so much. Thanks for your prayers and love. I can definitely feel it. Take care everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment