Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Monday, August 12, 2013

I was only nervious because I felt like I should be.

Wednesday, the 31 of July 2013 My Momma, When I got dropped off and even before, I felt fine. I was a little nervous at times only because I felt I should be. Jared, Jen, Gavin, Janea & I went to Zupas to eat just before they dropped me off & we saw a ton of families with their missionaries, this poor kid looked like he was about to vomit and cry. Guess where he's assigned to labor, Janea? Denver South! He's going to my mission and is in my district. I think he just always looks like that, haha.

Walking in I felt the Spirit so strong. I knew so clearly what I was doing for two years, what serving a mission even means. My companion is legit. I'm so lucky. He's from Kentucky with an accent, convert of 1 1/2 years, without his family, honest and pure and color blind. I hope I stay close with him on my mission. And he looks like Julian Smith. There's a Canook too. (Canadian)

I want to learn to write like a human. Any suggestions? I really want to write better on my mission. (If anyone reading this has any tips let us know, Thanks)

I'm in the actual MTC. It's great to be with boys that have set their sights and left behind their childhood...kind of. At lunch we sat with some Elders that had been there for a few weeks learning Spanish going to Argentina. One of them had a food anxiety and his companion was getting him to try new foods. He had a leaf of lettuce for the first time yesterday and today he had two bites of salad. His face was so red, he was ready to hurl. But he never did. This kid was freaking out. I asked if he ever had nightmares of food. He said he didn't.

In the orientation they explained this isn't EFY and we need to be sober, haha. I thought it was kinda funny. It is weird though. I do think it is like EFY, were we will be coming home soon. I hope saying that doesn't make you cry, mom, haha. I keep thinking "oh hey, I'm going to pull out my phone and text my pals something about the MTC, then realize I have no phone. There's a certain spirit though when I consciously think that I'll be out here for two years, it's great! I love you all I'm praying. I wish I would have watched Nacho Libre before so I could quote stuff but oh well. You'll have to imagine it yourselves. Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment