Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Taught by Elder Bednar

BUSY WEEK!!!!!
Got to teach Ben and Natasha about faith. They are just doing so amazing. They go to church every week but she's out of town for work for a week or two. Her baptismal date is Feb 14th and Ben is going to baptize her! Tuesday we had our District Leader and Sister Training Leader and of course us, counsel. For future purposes DLC's. We also had zone meeting right after. I definitely did not feel prepared enough for either of them but they were a success. President and Sister Murdock joined our zone meeting and of course made it powerful. I felt so honored to have him with us. They gave powerful testimonies. Our goal for this year is to baptize 1081 people and reactivate 1081 also. So this zone meeting's theme was faith. That's a little daunting of a goal. That's 90 per month, a baptism per companionship per month. We had a great object lesson of a pinnate in the middle of the gym really hi with "1081" on it. Then we wheeled out a step ladder, smashed the piƱata with awesome gourmet goodies including a baptism kit with holy water haha. Then the elder that climbed it trust fell into the elders to show his faith in us haha. Then Wednesday I was on exchanges with the Assistants and WE GOT TO GO TO THE TEMPLE!!!!!!! It was the most amazing thing ever!!! It so rejuvenating with all the stress of coming over here. Elder Jacobson beat me in handing out Book of Mormons so I have to bathe with just a dish towel. We also went to a district meeting. Thursday we did a lot of finding with only one awesome new investigator who's husband made her drop us. Darn agency stealers!!!!

Friday we got to hear from Elder. David A. Bednar from the Quorum of the 12 Apostles from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. A Special witness of the Savior Jesus Christ. It was SOOOO amazing!!! The most spiritually drained I've ever been. Also most powerful meeting I've ever been in my whole life. Zone meetings and MLC's get me pretty drained but that was the most. I was listening to every word. I felt like he had a spiritual bow and arrow up there and kept shooting it right at my heart! It was just an open discussion about the three talks he had us study and then allowed us to ask RELATIVE question and gave answers. Such a strengthened testimony that these man are truly men called of God. He both answered our questions by helping us find it for ourselves, taught us powerful principles through the questions, taught us how to find answers on our own and how to teach others by helping them to find it for themselves. He has so much love for people. He's truly a prophet, seer and revelator. No man can teach and do what he did that evening. It amazed me the love that he has for people. He is stern but very loving. At the end we all stood to sing Called to Serve. During it though, he and the other general authorities remained sitting. Right before the prayer he asked us, "are you ready to learn? We can only teach if you're willing to learn?" Then told us the need to watch the General Authorities very closely and if we do, then we can never wrong. He meant that to mean a whole lot more than when to sit and when to stand though by the way he taught it.

Saturday exchanges with Elder Jensen! My third with him! I've gone on exchanges with him before in Grand Junction. We saw a ton of miracles. We set high goals of 5 lessons and 4 new investigators and accomplished them! Also attended Elder Rafferty's district meeting. MY MTC COMPANION!!!! I'm so proud of that guy and the ways he's changed. Sunday we had our meeting with the stake president. So lots and lots of meetings! But things have been really great. I also feel so clear minded and peaceful when I'm out working and getting doors slammed in my face haha.

I love you all! There is so much more to this church than I've realized. There's a lot more than just a good organization of people. There's a lot more than just the church that's true!

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment