Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Miracles abound

I LOVE MY MISSION!!!!!!

It is hard to be gone from Delta and Elder Aiono and Elder King. Ironically my three most favorite companions are all serving together in one of my most favorite areas. Elder Donovan got released from being an Assistant and is now serving with them.

I'm in Denver now!! I thought that I would be. It's got pros and cons. I'll be able to go to the temple 2 times this transfer AND hear from and meet Elder Bednar!! He's only going to Denver so half the missionaries won't be able to hear from him but I'll be a part of those lucky few.

I'm in the Lakewood zone in the Lakewood area serving with Elder Rhoades and Elder Robbinson. Elder Rhoades is a powerful leader and an effective lifter and loves everyone around him. I'll be able to learn a lot from. He gets things done and makes a difference in his zones and what he has stewardship over. He's a born leader. Elder Robbinson has been out for 5 months and is very kind hearted. I look forward to learning a lot from these Elders.

We haven't been able to get much done this week. ): I wanna cry my eyes out. I've gotten minimal proselyting time in. Sunday night after saying goodbye to so many people in Delta we got a text from the Assistants saying that the highway was too bad and that we'd have to postpone transfers to Thursday!!! I was really excited for that. I got to say teach some people for the last time. Mandy's lesson was powerful. I told her how she reminds me of my mom and explained what you had gone through and where you were in life before the missionaries came. She shook her head in agreement haha. She feels confused and lost and doesn't know where she's going. The Spirit was strong. I know she'll be baptized. Hopefully she makes her date of Jan 31. Carl said that he knew I was a real friend to him and that "best friends don't need to say goodbye. They only need to say see you later" I love that guy a ton. He thanked us for putting up with him and his resistants, defensiveness, excuses, questions and heated disagreements. He said that he knows he'll be baptized soon because he's "running out of excuses" So Excited for him. I almost cried last Sunday when I said goodbye to Christian. But then I got to play basketball with him on Monday and then teach him on Tuesday and then also play basketball New Years Eve since we couldn't work in the evening. Saying goodbye I pointed to the font and said, "remember to get to there" and he said he would one day. He also had the date of Jan 31st. Hopefully he makes that. We read with the kids of the Yarbroughs and I got to testify to all of them the power of the Book of Mormon and they and the parents loved it. They felt the Spirit. Hopefully after these 10 years they'll finally get baptized. They were pretty excited for their baptismal date of Feb 21.

Transfers lasted allllllllll day long driving from Grand Junction to Denver in the blizzard and backed up traffic. Then Mission Leadership Council alllllllll day on Friday. no weekly planning. Then planning for the zone for the transfer allllllll weeeeeeeeekkk. It's been a huge bummer.

The one lesson I taught here has been amazing. Natasha and Ben. Elder Rhoades and his former companion Elder Hewlitt have been teaching them for 2 months. He's a member and she's investigating. They taught the law of Chastity on Wednesday night (the night Elder Hewlitt would have been gone because of exchanges) and it was the most powerful lesson they've had. They said they might be married in April though so they were bummed. We walked in and she asked "does anything look different about us?" There was a fat ring on her finger! 2 hours after the lesson he proposed and 2 days later they were married so that she can be baptized sooner!!!!! Miracles abound!!!! I've never felt so much love for people all at once for the first time like them.

I love you all!!!

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment