Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Usually people put a wise quote here

We taught John! We told him that he could be baptized soon and that there was just confusion and then he told us that he was on probation. So I felt awful for shoving my foot in my mouth but he's so humble and told us that he knew it would happen when it was right so isn't too worried about it. But he will be baptized a whole lot faster than before.

Lee Holt and Sheree dropped us this week. Really bummed me out but when someone drops us the Lord is preparing someone else for us to teach.

We had a good lesson with Joe. He vented for a good 20 minutes randomly. Normally he's very quiet. He did pay very good attention and was listening to every word we said when we did teach him. Hopefully he doesn't get off point and quit now that he's getting to the good stuff.

Sheree dropped us through text. Devastating. She said that she would report us if we came by again. That I do not understand. She had been reading, praying, went to church twice, met the Bishop and had a few friends. Elder Welck told us that when someone drops us, God is preparing someone else for us to teach. So we decided to focus more on our finding efforts even though it's dark early. We went tracting at 7 (people hate it when we knock their door when it's dark even though in the summer it's still light out at 8:30). We ran into the most pleasant, friendly, faithful lady ever. She's in her 70's and had had contact with the church her whole life. God had been preparing this lady her entire life. She loves the church and would love to be baptized. Nothing comes easy though... Her husband is less active and pretty stubborn. He claims to be a member but wants nothing to do with us. We'll get him though. God is more powerful than a stubborn husband.

The Grays are back in town!! We're so excited to teach them!! They came to the last two hours of church. Missionary work tip: make sure that your Gospel Principles class is the perfect environment for nonmembers and where they can really feel the Spirit. A member made a weird comment and instantly all three of us let out a sigh and started praying. I was pretty irritated and the thought came to me, "Do you not think that I am more powerful than a comment?" So that must mean that good things are in store for the Grays. We're teaching them tonight! I'll get a picture so everyone can see their beautiful family.

We drove to a baptism in Montrose which is an hour away. It was Elder Penuelas's last area and the investigator he put on date. It gave me time to reflect. While partaking of the sacrament as I prayed I realized that one day I'll be closing my eyes while the sacrament is passed as a grown man with a family. It humbled me and helped me to realize that God is molding me into who He needs me to be and that I have no need to fear about any of that. If anything I should be very hopeful and confident for my future with Him at the helm. I also realized the need to submit more to His will. To serve more out of a willing desire. It was very good reflection. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is so cool in how it works. After I have exercise faith in him through fasting to know how to be better, repenting through seeing how I can be better, renewing my baptismal covenants, The Spirit then purifies my sins and teaches me how I can do better to endure. It's sad that something this simple so many people don't know, refuse to know, or refuse to live. When in all reality it brings the greatest joy than any other thing.

I love you all so much!

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment