Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Friday, November 28, 2014

Please share the "He is the gift"

I love my new area, I love my new companions, I love the new zone, and I love the members here!

I however didn't care much for the mess that was left for us haha. See the pictures of me in the chair.

Things have been pretty crazy over here in Delta... Let's see if I can include everything. This is the busiest my mission has ever been... White washing(meaning we're replacing the other missionaries that were here) the zone leader area so we have a really messy house, a disorganized area (meaning leads of people to teach and record about the town) and a zone to get going. Plus He is the Gift to get planned so our ward gets pumped, the zone gets pumped and help the stake get pumped, Mission Leader Counsel, Zone Meeting, District Leader Counsel, training a new zone leader and training a soon to be zone leader/helping him to become obedient and consecrated and higher standards that our mission has ever had that we need to be hitting. (: Lots to do! It is the most exciting time to be a missionary!

Tuesday we met some investigators and the ward mission leader who told us that he has not been too impressed with missionaries here. Apparently after they've been there for a while they slack off. I'm actually very excited to work with him! He's on fire and won't accept anything but the best! We cleaned our apartment that night which was a huge mound of garbage.
Wednesday we met more investigators and found some very prepared people!
Thursday we had a very spiritual Mission Leader Counsel 2 1/2 hours away about He is the Gift Initiative and the new standards of excellence which are the principles of baptism so that every area can baptized every week. They're high goals. The highest we've had but we're really excited and know it can be done. I feel like my vision has raised to what we should be accomplishing. So those two things alone open a huge can of worms of work and planning and prayer and meetings. I also had an appointment with a chiropractor 30 minutes away who fixed me up but we had traffic on the way back and didn't get home till 9 so we didn't any proselyting except talking to a guy in Little Caesar's when we got dinner. I didn't think I could be exhausted just from driving.
Friday was weekly planning so we dented the many things that we need to do. Saturday was zone meeting and that was awesome to see how excited the missionaries were. I love love love missionaries because of their excitement to serve the Lord!
Sunday we got to meet the ward and asked as many members as we met for people they knew that we could teach... not a one. We had a great Ward Counsel with the Stake President, President Taylor. It was an honor to see him teach the ward leaders. He's also so excited for He is the Gift. It's too bad that not everyone is as excited but this man gets how important this will be. Fortunately Elder King grabbed the video on his USB for our zone meeting so we've been able to use it for our ward leaders and also for the ward counsel. That night we met with the Bishop and discussed what we could do in order to get the ward excited for this. He's so humble that he suggested him and one of his counselors role playing in the Gospel Principles class on sharing it with a friend. We're going to have the 5th Sunday School class on it.

He is the Gift is the most exciting thing I've ever been a part of. It's bigger than Wet N Wild coming back to Vegas! It's bigger than Blink 182 getting back together! It's more huge than getting a black man in office! These last few years I haven't card for Christmas at all. I just felt that it was selfish, greedy, and commercialized. I've felt empty on that day. But this video helped me to really see the meaning for it. I feel a reverence for it now. I feel a greater desire to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas. Celebrating the birth of our Savior. The gift of life, love, hope and peace.
The greatest gift that anyone could give me for Christmas this year would be to share this video with someone and invite them to discover and embrace the gift of our Savior. This video must be more than just a cool 3 minutes. This video should soften hearts in preparation for your testimonies and invitations to embrace the Gospel of Jesus Christ through His restored Church. There is no greater way or more exciting time!
For Christmas please email me and tell about the miracles that you've seen as you've shared this with your friends and family and then shared your testimony about embracing Jesus Christ and then invited them to embrace it with you as well by coming to church with you or listening to the missionaries.

I cannot say enough about this initiative. PLEASE pray, ponder and plan how and who you'll share this message with. You're friends will thank you for doing so. This is way too huge to let pass by. This is what Jesus Christ wants for His children. Their joy and their peace that comes from this message. All missionaries around the world are focusing on this in everything that they do for the entire month! If it's that important it should have some kind of focus in the rest of your lives as well!

I love you all and am confident that you will see miracles as you simply share this video with many people!

No comments:

Post a Comment