Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Monday, November 17, 2014

So many amazing things happened here

Well Elder Johnson was my companion in my last area so I obviously have failed at talking about my companions haha. Ya he's from Boulder. Love that guy. Great at the piano.

So good to hear the gospel essentials in your ward is a good class! Woot! I'm so glad that you are a good missionary momma, because I dislike when members see missionary work as the missionary's work. I love members that see that this is all of our work and blessing to be a part of.

I LOVE MY MISSION!!! I'm getting transfered out. I was crushed when I found out. President called us to tell me I was leaving to white wash an area (don't know if a zone leader area is being moved or if the zone leaders are being replaced) training a new zone leader and getting an awesome third that needs to become converted to obedience and become a leader. I'm so excited and so heart broken at the same time. I have LOVED serving with Elder Penuelas sooo much. He's taught me so much. He's so powerful and such a great missionary. I wish I would have given Elder Welck more attention. He's done so great though. He's grown a lot and helped us out a ton. The transfer wouldn't have been the same without him. I have loved this ward sooo much. Some of the most amazing members I've ever met are here. Some not so much haha. But some powerful ones are here. They've taught me so much about how I want to be when I grow up.

We have had the most spiritual lessons with the Grays. Everything for our lesson on Saturday fell through, couldn't get a member to come with us and the kids weren't there and our lesson was focused for Stone, Steel and Violet. So we got to talk about Jaida's concerns and confusions. We resolved all the ones she addressed about becoming gods, temples, confirming the Holy Ghost, and the trinity. I can very confidently say that I know that they know the church is true. I know they will be baptized. I know they will be sealed. I feel so much love for them every time I think of them or see them. I feel the Spirit so strongly around them because I know it's their time. Last week I kept having the feeling and a voice whisper, "It's almost time, it's almost time, it's almost time" and in our lesson with them I kept feeling surges of the Spirit very strongly saying "It's time, it's time, it's time." We're very excited for them. They are going to do so many amazing things as members. The road isn't nearly over them. But they agreed that they need to tell their parents and their family that they want to join the church if they want to show Heavenly Father that they have real intent of joining and are going to care more about what He thinks than what others think.

I've noticed that the worst lessons I've taught are when I'm scared of messing it up and not being enough and scaring them away and not doing it right. And if I keep it up, those thoughts will happen. But as if I learned to forget that and focus on why the Gospel is so important and why the Grays need it and just be bold with them even if it might scare others away, that the Spirit has come in way stronger than ever before.

We had a very successful week. We found 12 new investigators! My mission record. I've knocked a ton of doors in the cold.

We also had a very spiritual emergency to tend to. Last night Elder Penuelas wanted to borrow the Spanish Elder's hair clippers so we went to their apartment around 8 55 and did our planning while we waited for them. Their phone was off. We got a call from the spanish sisters in eagle telling us that a recent convert of a few weeks just got in an accident and the wife as passed away, the kids are injured, they need a blessing and they're at our hospital. So we waited for the elders to get home. 9:25 and their still not there so Elder Penuelas knows spanish and we decided that we would just go and do it ourselves and bring the Branch President and his counselor who had already been notified several times. It was the most powerful blessing I've been a part of. The father was destroyed. I learned a ton about being the importance of a junior companion. I don't know spanish so I only said maybe 15 words the entire time. We sat with them and I just prayed and took care of the phone with texting people to keep them updated as the President and his counselor talked with them. Elder Penuelas said some powerful words which I am grateful that I was able to understand about how the church would take care of them. Then they gave the oldest daughter, the father and the oldest son each a blessing. Again all I did was pray and handle the phone. Elder Penueals gave the first blessing which was powerful that I could again understand bits and pieces of power. All three of them in their blessings were inspired to tell them that it was her time and that Heavenly Father took her because he needed her. The son was told that he was spared because the Lord needed him to serve a faithful mission and bring many souls unto Christ. We got home around 10:45 of course with the Assistants knowing and their permission.

I'm going to miss this area, the investigators and my companions! So many amazing things happened here. I learned so much while serving here. More than any other time of my mission and I know I'll continue in learning.

The Grays will be baptized soon, Annie Olson and her son Michael and possibly his wife will be baptized around January/February, John Merritt will be baptized very soon, Debbie Meriam wants to be baptized and just needs her husband to get into gear. I can't wait to hear of all the amazing things that happen here after I'm gone. All of these people are so strong. I can't wait to take what I've learned to help many others in my new area!

I love you all!

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment