Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The greatest way to influence someone is by the way you live.

This week has been tough and amazing. Its hard to have missionaries who don't want to be obedient. But amazing because I learn so much on how to help them and me.

It's so awesome to hear about Jacob and Rachel. They are tough cookies.

It's been stressful. Tyler and Jacob gave me some amazing advice without knowing it related to me and even without knowing they were giving me advice. Living by example is the best way I learn. I don't pay attention as much (if I can at all haha) to what is said than how it is said and they way the person is living. I mostly watch them and learn so much from them. I need to remember that that is the greatest way to influence someone. It's hard because you want results faster.

We had Mission Leader Conference in Vail and learned a lot about keeping people accountable. The first thing our President did was get his wife up there, put his arm around her and told us to marry someone as awesome as her.

We also ushered for an event called 18 lives. It was amazing. You'll hear about it in Church news. You can watch in on BYU TV. 5 stakes came together and the youth preformed it all. over 700. Oh man it was powerful. There was a scene of the stripling warriors all running up. Everyone talks about it. It was so powerful. They'll all make amazing missionaries. I saw Yazzi and Kaliegh from my last area! Two of the girls of the Medallins. I had to do everything in my power not to hug them haha. It was so nice to see them and all the young men we took out and the members. I felt so loved by them. They're such good people.

We found two new boys to teach! We orinigally had a lot of time to find one day and we lost all that time so we only had 45 minutes. We prayed to find those 2 new investigators anyway and to find a family. The first people we talked to was a 14 year old boy with awesome big hair like Tyler's and Jared's and his little brother. We taught them the first lesson and I've never seen young men more absorbed than these two boys. They were really glad to talk to us and the oldest boy Tristan said the closing praying. They said it would mean a lot to them to find these things out. Their parents are struggling and divorced and that affects them. Tristan and Aiden. Pray for them.

Anwyay. I love you all. I feel your love. Thank you so much.

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment