Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

I can't get over the amazing joy of having ONE WHOLE YEAR MORE TO SERVE THE LORD!!!!

Elder Dean is in my district. He's also my neighbor! It's really nice being next to him. He's such a great missionary. He's already making a huge difference in the area he's serving. The Spirit is strong with this one. Elder Stevens is out west. That's all I know. I saw him at transfers. He's going to do great things in this mission and really help it to grow.

I got the package and I loved IT!!!!!

We've had such a terrific week! We put Dustin on date for Aug 23 and his quit day from chew Aug 1!!! He's so determined. He is the hulk. He has so much battle scars from working and just keeps going. He's going to be so great in the church. Speaking of battle scars, he rolled a riding lawn mower and is out of work for a week or two but it's been a blessing because we can actually teach him now!!!

We found an amazing new investigator. She was raised but never baptized. She came to church after we just invited her to church from the street! She's totally getting baptized this month.

We found 2 new investigators for the YSA ward. Sad to find amazing people and to not be more of a part for their conversion but everything in the Lord's way.

One of those is William. An 18 year old man. I liked him right off the spot when he said he preferred the Cleveland show because it was cleaner that Family Guy. Not many people have that integrity. He was a refferal from the ward council. Someone said, "hey go try Eva McGee. She might have grandkids living with her that might not be members." You can see how easy that fell through the cracks. But on Friday I remembered them and so on Saturday we went and contacted them. His girl friend answered but she had to go to work so she took off. He had us come in and and we started the survey with him (which is a finding tool, very effective). He started crying in the middle and we never even finished the survey! We just jumped into teaching him! He was so grateful for us. He understood everything. He said after I asked, "how do you feel right now?" "I feel many prayers have been answered. I felt before like I wanted to check out one of the Mormon churches. But now I know I need to." He's so excited for his new journey and committed to baptism and reading the Book of Mormon everyday! He will make an amazing missionary one day!

We've seen many more miracles! Mostly in our own personal conversion. Elder Donovan and I bare way more powerful testimony than ever before. We're learning to not be afraid of sharing the truth.

The Wynns (an amazing amazing older couple) invited their horse riding students over for dinner with us. One was not a member but had talked with missionaries before. We committed her to read the Book of Mormon and they each bore their testimony. The Spirit was strong.

I've been thinking about loosing myself more. To no longer with hold anything in my heart. TO give it all to the Lord. To never think about what I'm excited to do at home for even a second because I'm already doing the greatest work in my life. Why be excited for even a second to return from it? I'm coming up on my year mark on the 31st and I am SO EXCITED to have ONE MORE YEAR of doing his amazing work! To give like I've never given before and work with so much more power. I've learned so many skills. And feel like I now know what I'm doing. I'm SO EXCITED to put it all to use this year and become fully consecrated. I can't get over the amazing joy of having ONE WHOLE YEAR MORE TO SERVE THE LORD!!!! That is just so generous of the Lord to give that to me. I feel like I should have 6 months left for whatever reason. But I get a whole year! I feel ready to accomplish whatever the Lord wants to send my way. No matter the companion, the area, the investigators, the ward, the leadership, the responsibility. I feel so ready to tackle it all without a word of complaint and fulfill whatever my duty may be in every aspect.

I love you all so much! This Gospel is the only one and true way no matter how unappealing or offending it may be. It is open to everyone!! It is amazing. I know this is the Church that Jesus Christ established for every single one of us. I testify in the name of Jesus Christ as His representative that we must all unite with Him and serve most faithfully in every aspect we are given in His church or cannot expect all the blessings he wants to give us. I know He loves us all so much.

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment