Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

He won't force us to be any happier than we choose to be.

That is awesome! I love nice people! They just picked up your car and moved it! I'm sure dad did most of the work. They were just there to assist his super man strength.

I'm so happy to see your strength through all of this, momma. I'm so proud of you. I'll let my zone know how Momma Edgel is doing.

We're doing a LOT of finding which is awesome. I used to hate knocking doors and OYMing but I'm growing in passion for it. Jordan the 9 year old PMF (part member family) will be baptized this Sunday evening and confirmed the following week. We're nervous his family doesn't completely understand the importance of the Gospel and it seems that baptism is only a checklist for him. The mom has no interest in coming to church or going to the temple. But the baptism is all planned out and we're excited! There's a sweet family the ward in the band Jack and Jill. They travel a lot so we don't see them but they're going to do the musical number. They're way cool people so we're excited. There's a few members that are pretty judgemental unfortuntely so hopefully no ones does anything unChristlike as a result of them playing at a baptism...

In my testimony this Sunday I told them how I was a little disappointed with all the old people but have grown to really love them all. This ward is struggling in the stake so I'm really excited to be able to work with them and get the work flying. I love love love my companion Elder Donovan!! We've grown so close. Elder Tasilimu has been one of my favorites. He has a huge heart and a love for everyone. He just sleeps in a lot haha.

We had a great lesson with Jennifer. We met her the first week I got here and have been pulling her weeds but haven't been able to meet with her. She's a little nervous we're trying to convert her but she really likes everything we've shared. She had us over for dinner Wednesday and we taught the first lesson to her and her niece. Her niece was really interested so that was exciting.

We're still struggling with being able to get people to keep our appointments. 4 yesterday and every single one fell through.

Dustin Jackson quit smoking though! He said his packs kept disappearing and when he would smoke they would taste horrible. Now it's just down to chew!

A member gave us a refferal for her neighbor. They had been talking about the Gospel frequently. Her neighbor didn't understand the 3 degrees of glory and Judgement day. Not even that many LDS people understand that it is a plan of mercy. That ultimately we judge ourselves based off of how comfortable we feel standing next to the Almighty Being. Even the lowest place he prepared for us is WAY better than this life now! It truly is a plan of mercy because he won't force us to be any happier than we choose to be. Why would he make us be somewhere we don't feel comfortable in?

I had a dream I was in Steamboat with Elder Donovan and we were just tearing it up. I miss Steamboat a lot. That's been my favorite area. I wish I knew then what I know now, I could have made such a bigger impact but the Lord took me, weaknesses and all and made something great of it. So many good friends there.

Well I love you all! We keep seeing miracles! There are miracles when you trust the Lord and obey His will.

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment