Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Friday, April 25, 2014

I'm so happy to be in this church and to be God's messenger to those who are looking for more peace in this life.

Well I loved this week. Our lessons were so much better. They were fewer, but better. And that's what matters. I had Elder Merrill, a zone leader in my district give a training on dropping people if they're not willing to progress. I love being a district leader because it's so for me. I learn so much by it. I know so little and get to learn so much more as the district leader. You really learn when you teach or pray about when needs to be taught. I'm trying to be more prayerful and thoughtful about my district and their needs. I love these missionaries. They're power houses. I've learned so much more humility as a district leader oddly enough. I love serving others.

I received a call Friday from President that I would be training a brand new missionary! My second son! Strangely though, I felt and heard a voice/feeling saying, don't be too disappointed if you don't end up training. So we had an AWESOME trainers training with President, his wife and the assistants. That's one of my favorite parts about being a trainer haha. Well President called last night and asked to talk to me separately. He said he felt strongly that Elder Johnson and I needed to stay together. So I'm happy with that. He's a kick butt missionary and we're getting so much done!

(I don't have the planner that I wrote down my reminders to tell you so this is a short one)

The McDowells are awesome! We finally taught the whole family. They've been through so much together as a family. The wife, Jennifer, has had so much patience and endurance. I was amazed at their understanding of the need for a prophet to guide us in the paths God wants. We're going to put them on date for this up coming month!
Church was awesome. There were so many people there! Hopefully they don't miss out on the blessings church has to offer year round!

We had an awesome lesson with the Mitchell gang. Tali, Kaleigh, Yasmina, Oumaima and Luke. They're all so profound. We talked about the importance of baptism and the blessings that come from it when we follow the Savior. They said they'll pray bout being baptized May 31st so we'll see how that goes for them! We're really excited!

Tracy came to church again and said that this was her church from now on. We also found out that the Bishop will able to find a way to give her financial support! We talk to her once or twice a week on the phone and she cries about her situation everytime. We're so excited for her. The best part is she drags a less active to church to give her the ride! hahaha

Los amo a todos. You're all so special. I'm so happy to be in this church and to be God's messenger to those who are looking for more in this life. God is able to fill us with that peace we seek when we follow Him. And He's given us that way to follow Him by giving us a prophet. What a glorious thing to think about.

Have a splendid week.

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment