Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Most importantly have Charity

An equation I thought of yesterday was opportunity + good desires = miracles. When we have good desires and act on it with the opportunities we're given, MIRACLES COME. We must have good desires though and WE must act on it. We get more opportunities as a result and a have even greater desires and it just keeps increasing the other exponentially. I'm still figuring out how to write that one out. If anyone wants to shower me in their knowledge of mathematics please feel free.

So amazing things this week! a less active that moved in, 25, is a convert and has been knuckle head had decided to serve a mission! He's been doing some silly things and we've been worried about him but we had a lesson and he got rid of everything bad in his life and has determined to serve a mission. The cut off is in 6 months but he really wants to try. So whether actually going is the Lord's will or not it will put him on the right path and he's excited for that.

There is a 24 yr old guy I love so much, we've hung out with him on a few days and I've talked about him. We had a lesson with him and his mom and the Spirit was so strong. We weren't sure how to help him further. We invited him to read and he has been! But we were afraid of having lessons with him. He came up to US though and said he would like to sit down and talk with us! I can't even believe it! His mom can't either!

I may have said this one already. We were trying to contact a very old referal, we knew they wouldn't be there but we thought it was a good way to OYM someone without the whole tracting approach. So this Brazilian with broken english answered the door. After talking a little we said we had a message that families could be together forever. She got tears in her eyes and said her grandmother passed away 2 days ago and felt that we were sent by God to her. She's very excitedly been reading the BoM. It's challenging teaching her and her boy friend because I'm not sure how well they understand but they keep saying in their broken english, I believe what your saying is true! I can feel it! I know you're God's messengers!" So we're extremely excited to keep teaching them!

On Tuesday in our small towns we got 6 lessons in a day! That's probably the most I've ever have! There is so much work down there! We're going to start teaching this family. I love them so much, I stuck my hand up one of their cow butts when we were serving them. We went by (12 miles out of the way, little iffy at first) to try and get my track hoodie back, (which we can't find... I smell a great b-day present!) I felt to invite them to be taught but was terrified. So I just started saying whatever came to my mind. He was very open and we talked for about half an hour outside. He said he loved our conversation and would love to talk more with us. Just share your testimonies! Fear not!

That day we also had a lesson with our alcoholic friend, he was ranting again so finally, again not knowing what to say just cut him off and started testifying, we were then able to actually teach him (he was also sober) later in the week we called to remind him about church, his brother told us he was asleep wasted and wouldnt' be able to drive but was really glad we were talking with him and told us how worried he was about him.

Then with an excon member we were talking with his son and wife very uncomfortable but started talking about families and about how much God loves them. We then were able to testify about God helping families to be united in this life and the next. It was very simple and we felt the Spirit with them even though his son and wife were a little hostile.

We struggle with being able to see our investigators more than once in a week because of how busy they are. But we're trying. With good desires and our heart in it, miracles will happen.

I know that this truly is life eternal. This church isn't to just give us something to do to pass the time. This is truly life eternal. This is why we are here on earth. This is our purpose. I know that God is real and loves us and is waiting to bless us when we do what He asks. And what He asks will only bring us more happiness than we could have ever imagined.

Stay strong. Do the simple things. Most importantly, have Charity.

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment