Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

I'm so honored to be His servant

There's this extremely short girl, Millie, from Peru a convert of 2 years I think. Her whole family followed after she was baptized. She was having a hard time without her family in the States. Every Monday Elder Dean and I get Big Macs from Mickey D's for a dollar (whenever broncos play, the day after Big Macs are a dollar if you have a card). She was working and saw us there and said she was a member. We weren't able to invite her to church but afterward she apparently called her mom saying she saw us and her mom told her how everything would be fine because she would have a family there in the ward. Then her mom asked, "you asked where church is right?". Extremely fortunetly we saw her that same day as we were grocery shopping and she asked when church was. This past Fast Sunday she shared this experience with everyone. It's so neat how God will throw us a bone every now and then that completely had no hand in just to show us: When it comes down it, everything we receive is from what God sends our way. So cool. I'm so honored to be His servant. To all missionaries and future missionaries: BE OBEDIENT. Heavenly Father can use you when you least expect it when you wear proselyting clothes in public even on P-days.

What's the average attendance at San Miguel? Can you send me the Fellowship of the Unashamed?

I love you Mommy. I did my very first baptismal interview (all have had to be interviewed by President or Zone Leaders) for this 12 year old girl. I showed her the picture of you and she said you were very pretty. I said dang straight! My momma's gorgeous!

Our less active husband was finally able to come to church. Oh man that was so awesome. I love that family so much. He's such a powerful man. Still trying to quit chew but He's doing better than He ever has. Kirk is doing good. Having temptations but knows to stay away. We saw someone again that we had OYM'd previously. She was very interested then dropped us and said she wasn't interested and worked 12 days in a row till she had a day off. But we saw her in the laundry mat so we taught her a lesson as she did her laundry and she liked everything. We contacted a refferal that a member was hesitant to give us and she turned out to be very interested. No fear!

I'm learning to forget myself and have trust in the Lord. Realize and remember what He's done for me in the past and that He can continually help me in my future.

I love you all. Thank you for your prayers. They're real and they help. Be positive!

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment