Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Patience is how we show our faith in the Lord

I've noticed my life is most miserable when I'm thinking too much about myself. There is so much joy in loosing yourself to blessing others!!! It is the most bizarre thing. I've grown and learned so much and have had so much insight as I've lost myself in serving others.

Friday Rachel called us and said she has been talking with her husband and needs to tell us about it... That's made us pretty nervous so please pray for her. Our appt fell through. Everything with them has been inspired but they've been pretty flakey and haven't showed the most commitment towards this.

During weekly planning we felt inspired to set Dusty on date for this next Sunday! We felt so strongly about it too. He's so ready. In our lesson last night he said he'd pray and call us today so we're really excited!!! We've also found 5 new investigators!! We haven't found a family in a long time so we're really hoping to do that this week.

Elder Oaks came to our mission! He spoke to the 4 outwest stakes' leaders and then squeezed in an hour of talking to the missionaries that lived within an hour of the meeting house to come. We were so blessed to be able to go. It was the neatest thing being able to shake his hand and receive revelation in the middle of talking to us. He talked about being an instrument in the hands of the Lord like his pen is an instrument in his hands. His pen doesn't write it's message. It writes his message on his time, in his way. It doesn't slack off ever for a second and say it can't write today.

Another amazing highlight was Elder Martino from the 70 speaking at a stake conference. It was a bummer that no investigators came because it was amazing to hear him speak.

Mostly this week I've been studying Patience in the Christlike Attributes of PMG. I've learned so much about how patience is how we show our faith in the Lord and our humility to submit to His will. I get so impatient with myself, investigators, missionaries. I learned how it shows our love and confidence in others and in God's timing to teach in His time.

I love you all sorry for the short email!!

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment