Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Miracles


Thank so much for being so strong da momma. You now take time aside to take care of TWO missionaries. You are one tough momma.

We're having our zone P day and it's going to be off the hook! Just kidding. We'll keep it on the hook but it will be a swell time. We're going to do feet painting and play ultimate frisbee. Elder Donovan is so creative. He came up with feet painting.

I heard the funiest things from these kids that we teach in the Monday family, LA's. Bathtism and the snackerment. Their 8 and 9 and the silliest kids ever.

Missionary work gets better and better every week. We've been busy busy busy but it's been great.

Had a great lesson with Rachel and brought Sister Bedoy, a less active. She was a great fellowshipper. Annie is out of town and wants to push her date back which was a bummer.

MLC's in Vail which is 2 hours away from Grand Junction. We left at 6 Am and got back to our area at 7 PM. So that's a bummer but I've learned to be grateful for the responsibilities as a zone leader even if its meetings that take you out of your area. It's all part of God's work and His glory. Whether for investigators and less actives or His missionaries. It was actually a really personally sprititual meeting for me. We talked on the talk from Elder Bednar on Bearing up Their Burdens and I didn't understand it when I read it. Even though I read it a few times. And it felt President was talking straight to me. I had been under so much stress and fear and doubt and it helped me so much to see how The Atonement can help. Simple things that I've been taught my whole life but still seem to slip past. By the end I felt so empowered to help these missionaries. I now finally know what to do in order to help lift this zone. I feel we can finally get there to our goals.

I got to go on exchanges with ELDER DEAN!!!! That Elder has changed so much. He's still his goofy self but he's so powerful. He's so confident in the Gospel. It was an inspiration serving with him. We had a great talk during our lunch about the changes we've gone through.

We've also been finding some awesome people to teach. We found 3 new investigators.

Because of driving to Vail we were dead on miles so we walked a lot in our area. That was the greatest thing ever. Elder Donovan and I had so many spiritual conversations and we saw so many miracles. We would walk to where we planned and it would talk about 20 - 30 minutes. Then we'd say, "why did we even plan to go this far? It's not even that solid!" and then an amazing miracle would happen. The Lord definitely qualifies those he calls no matter how weak they may be.

The best was the end of the day for Kassandra which lived the farthest. We had an appointment for Sunday and so I said we should confirm with her Saturday Night. So we planned for it and walked it and thought, why did we walk this far if we already had an appointment for Sunday? But it ended up being the best thing ever because she would have been busy and we had a powerful lesson with her. She opened up so much and exlplained her doubts and struggles. I felt so much love and compassion and heart break for her. She feels so hurt from God and doesn't understand why so many things have happened to her when she had prayed and pled for them not to. She is so sincere and said she would do anything to have that healing. I've never met someone so thirsty for the Atonement.

The closer with God I become the weaker I feel which is ironic but makes so much sense. I now see way more how incapable I am of anything on my own. All my weaknesses are more visable. Elder Donovan helps me to be more positive and hopeful and I am but I realize now that there are so many more things I could be doing better. And I will!

This Gospel is the greatest gift I would ever give to anyone. And only offer it because I love those I offer it to. Not because I want to push my religion. But because it's changed my life and helped me to feel the love of my Creator.

I love you all!!!

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment