Elder Edgels wisdom:

Elder Edgel's wisdom: I knew God was a Heavenly Father who loved me beyond anything I could ever imagine and was going to do His best to help me along.

Monday, September 22, 2014

So many tender mercies

Man I wanna say this has been a Spiritual last few weeks but it's been a spiritual last few 13 months! Especially ever since I was called as a zone leader though. I've never been a part of more spiritual things. I've heard from the dude over the Proselying in the church over the whole earth, Brother Hemingway and his companion Brother Gonzalez. Heard from Elder Oaks of the 12, Elder Martino of the 70, Elder Lawrence of the 70 and his wife. It's helped me so much more in my missionary work.

There's not much time today. We've worked hard this week but it's been a struggle. We're trying to work more with the members. It's an investment and it's not always immediate results. But we're having great results. We go out there on the streets and we testify and testify and testify. And not many people listen. This week we found 0 new investigators. It's been a while since I've only gotten 0. It's so sad. We give out our heart on those doors and testify of how it's blessed our lives and what amazing things the Gospel has done for our lives. People will half smile to be polite and tell us not to come back. It's rough but we're happy giving our all. This week we even literally ran from door to door to talk to more people. We know that the Lord is noticing our efforts and rewarding us. No effort is ever wasted in sharing the Gospel. I wouldn't rather do anything than I am now. "Thou are my servant, O Isreal, in whom I will be glorified. Then I said, I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for naught and in vain; surely my judgement is with the Lord, and my work with my God." 1 Nephi 21:3-4. That's the difference with this work than any other work. Despite how many people say no, I still feel successful. I'll never stop working for this. There are so many tender mercies and miracles in this work. Guiding us in everything we do.

One awesome thing is the Gray's come to church! I get so happy thinking of them! We can't wait to see their continual progression. The Wynnes, an amazing older couple I've fallen in love with, were so excited to see them. We had told them about them when they asked if they could be a part of someone we were teaching. Sister Wynne made sure to sit with them in Relief Society and they invited them over to the house to have a picnic so we're excited! They are the perfect examples of member missionary work and fellow shipping. I want to be like them one day.

I love you all!

-Elder Edgel

No comments:

Post a Comment